By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragonquest IV will be published by Ubisoft on New Zealand and Australia

yushire said:
So the Ubisoft boycott thing was over? :/

I HOPE SO... its getting out of hand. Anyway, atleast a publisher wants to publish a game by Squeenix in Australia, okeydokey says these games arent released in Australia...

NO because ubisoft isn't publishing the game. ANd most people who participated in the boycott life in the us where they aren't distributing it either. And they had no part in developement, and it isn't their game.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
yushire said:

I HOPE SO... its getting out of hand. Anyway, atleast a publisher wants to publish a game by Squeenix in Australia, okeydokey says these games arent released in Australia...

How is it getting out of hand? There hasn't been much talk of it in weeks? How is getting disucssed less and less getting out of hand?

sc's post says so otherwise: "Omfg, they better advertise it. I hate ubisoft. It's like they want games that are good to sell bad on the ds and wii, and the bad games that they make to sell good. Why isn't square publishing it? Anyway I ho[ they don't publish the other remakes and I know they aren't publishing IX, unless they actually make this one sell.." Yeah, there are no Ubi's official hate threads but members posts here are boiling when it comes to Ubi topics in Ninty section.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

pichu_pichu said:
^ I hope so too, actually it was over for me a couple of weeks for me when I removed the Boycott Ubisoft in my sig...

You boycotted them for two weeks? Bet that hurt their business...

yushire said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
yushire said:

How is it getting out of hand? There hasn't been much talk of it in weeks? How is getting disucssed less and less getting out of hand?

sc's post says so otherwise: "Omfg, they better advertise it. I hate ubisoft. It's like they want games that are good to sell bad on the ds and wii, and the bad games that they make to sell good. Why isn't square publishing it? Anyway I ho[ they don't publish the other remakes and I know they aren't publishing IX, unless they actually make this one sell.." Yeah, there are no Ubi's official hate threads but members posts here are boiling when it comes to Ubi topics in Ninty section.

Well now I don't care because I know that ubi isn't publishing it. If you see how much they advertised no more heroes then  my point is valid. Then they make games that look and run crappy, making my other point valid. Anyway it doesn't matter because they aren't publishing it.

sc94597 said:

Well now I don't care because I know that ubi isn't publishing it. If you see how much they advertised no more heroes then my point is valid. Then they make games that look and run crappy, making my other point valid. Anyway it doesn't matter because they aren't publishing it.

Theyre publishing it have you read the article?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
Rath said:
pichu_pichu said:
^ I hope so too, actually it was over for me a couple of weeks for me when I removed the Boycott Ubisoft in my sig...

You boycotted them for two weeks? Bet that hurt their business...

heh...

@yushire:

I only started boycotting them because I started having serious doubts about their Wii strategy. I just need a clarification to stop it, which can come in several ways. E3 announcements, decent treatment of a Wii title they publish (they could have done it with No More Heroes but alas, they didn't)...

Until then, I won't be giving them a cent of my money for their games. A title from another developer I'd buy, if only for not getting unrelated people into the boycott (but it would still hurt to think part of the money goes to Ubisoft).

People have been boycotting things since the dawn of time. It's not a big deal, just a personal choice. To all the anti-boycotters who talk more about the boycott than the boycotters do, get over it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Have they even released a game recently? E3 isn't far away, either. Singling out one developer when most of them are acting the same way isn't very productive.

NJ5 said:

@yushire:

I only started boycotting them because I started having serious doubts about their Wii strategy. I just need a clarification to stop it, which can come in several ways. E3 announcements, decent treatment of a Wii title they publish (they could have done it with No More Heroes but alas, they didn't)...

Until then, I won't be giving them a cent of my money for their games. A title from another developer I'd buy, if only for not getting unrelated people into the boycott (but it would still hurt to think part of the money goes to Ubisoft).

People have been boycotting things since the dawn of time. It's not a big deal, just a personal choice. To all the anti-boycotters who talk more about the boycott than the boycotters do, get over it.

Yeah but that are for good causes not for this kind of childish things =p.

^^ Indeed.