By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Haze Video w commentary, Looks Sharp!

BenKenobi88 said:
4 player split-screen is very nice...developers seem to think 4 or more people wouldn't like to get together and play a shooter now and then...it's totally different when you're sitting alone with a microphone...

Definately reminicent of goldeneye 007, back in the day!

Good times, and hopefully many more. Hey Ben, you seem to play a lot of PC games. Are they really fun??

Im sure the answer is yes, but I have never played PC games, I have lways seperated the console/pc for work/surf I can see why MS wants to promote an all in one unit.

Around the Network

keep looking out for this game, I expect a lot from it! Altough i'll probably never play it... but i'm serious, the guys from free radical were former rare developers, they were the guys that created goldeneye and perfect dark.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

dpmnymkrprez said:
BenKenobi88 said:
4 player split-screen is very nice...developers seem to think 4 or more people wouldn't like to get together and play a shooter now and then...it's totally different when you're sitting alone with a microphone...

Definately reminicent of goldeneye 007, back in the day!

Good times, and hopefully many more. Hey Ben, you seem to play a lot of PC games. Are they really fun??

Im sure the answer is yes, but I have never played PC games, I have lways seperated the console/pc for work/surf I can see why MS wants to promote an all in one unit.

never??

A lot of console gamers bash the PC, for I don't know what reason...games on a PC are just as valid as games on a console. A lot of my favorite games are on the PC, lots of RTSs and FPSs.

If you've never played Half Life 2, you really need to. Also, RTS games like Age of Empires, Command and Conquer...these are such excellent games that are only now becoming valid on consoles like the 360.

I love PC games, because there's so much you can do with them...you're not limited like you are on consoles.

For instance, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is one of my favorite games...best lightsaber game on any platform, period. (Maybe Jedi Knight III, but it's basically the same) They released that game for PS2, GC and Xbox as well...but PC was clearly the best...had the best graphics, smoothest contol system...and so much stuff to download. Mods are a huge thing in the PC gameworld...play Jedi Knight II as all Lord of the Rings characters, or enable tons of blood and dismemberment, or create your own multiplayer levels, etc. There's so much to do with PC games...don't even get me started on all the HL2 mods out there...Pirates, Vikings, and Knights is a great multiplay FPS/sword game, and all you need to play it are your HL2 files.

I dunno...you really need to just download some demos sometime or something...as long as your computer is good enough. That's one thing about PCs...in order to stay on top performance, you usually need to buy new parts every few years...but it's honestly not a big deal, cause it's not just a gaming machine. Buying a gigabyte of RAM for your PC not only makes your games faster and better, but it makes browsing the web, Photoshopping, anything on your PC faster...so it's well worth it. 

And you're not throwing down thousands of dollars like some people say you need to.  I built my computer a few years ago for about $700...and it could play most games...not on the super highest levels, but it looked pretty good.  Now it's outdated, and it can't play the latest games like Supreme Commander and such unless it's on low levels, so I'm going to build a new one this summer, probably for around $700-$800.

Anyway, that was a big rant.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

why would sony pay for a timed exclusive??? (have you thought about it?? exactly) I have no doubts the ps3 version will look better thus proving it has better graphics as long as the game isnt ported over.. itll be on 360 summer 08 though

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

It looks really good graphically, I'm just hoping there's enough innovation to attract me cause there are too many typical FPS games now and I need more than that to get into one...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
It looks really good graphically, I'm just hoping there's enough innovation to attract me cause there are too many typical FPS games now and I need more than that to get into one...

yea you're right we'll probably know more this E3 since the game comes out this fall

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732