By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - historical prices playstation

I am doing a paper on Playstation and I need the sales of all world of PS1 and PS2. Can I find this data here?

Or at least the historical prices of PS1 and PS2, like the prices from 1995 to 2007? Do you know where I can find this prices?   Jesssica

Around the Network

for prices try Wikipedia.

For worldwide sales, click Chartz->Hardware by Date, or Hardware from Launch to see graphs. The PS2 should have worldwide information, but the PS1 is lacking and there is only Japan data.

If you just want cumulative sales for a system, then try the hardware table (also under chartz)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

hope you get your data :)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The link provided will give you the information on sales for all of the Playstation systems and games. The links on the side will give you all the charts for each quarter and fiscal year. Sony tracked systems that they made before and they now track systems sold to retail, as you will notice on the site provided. For sale prices by region wiki might be the best place.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/index_e.html

From Wikipedia:

"By March 31, 2005, the PlayStation and PS one had shipped a combined total of 102.49 million units,[5] becoming the first video game console to reach the 100 million mark.[8]"

"The PS2 is part of the sixth generation era, and is the best-selling console to date,[4][5] having reached over 127 million units in sales by the end of 2007.[2]"

Now both of those are shipped numbers, but they're pretty much close enough to what the console sold that it doesn't matter. Essentially, the Playstation sold 100 million and the Playstation 2 sold 120 million.

As for pricing history, it may be harder to find.

Around the Network

Thing is, this site used to have all the data for PS1/N64, didn't it? What happened to it all?

Id go to Wikipedia or use SONY shipments.

For PS1 SONY shipments == Sold ( i doubt their are many still sitting on retail shelves)

For PS2 id use SONY shipments again because VGchartz is missing data... VGC's has PS2 @ 119 million while SONY has PS2 @ 130 million (shipped as of 31st March 08).

VGC's appears to be correct on PSP and PS3 sales though.