By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 ahead of PS3 in Europe

The definition of "europe" is so nebulous that both probably are right, depending which countries you include in it. I wouldn't discuss much neither of both pr releases. Well, no pr is worth discussing at all...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

Read all the article and he says that the install base is well over 5m. I think like someone said they both are pritty close and are cherry picking there numbers. Well done to vgcharts for being really close(even though many people were calling for numbers to be changed.

I've heard several times that both companies define the region differently. I'm going to guess that Microsoft includes Eurasia whereas Sony's figures are more limited. And they could be using shipment numbers, but I highly doubt it with such a bold claim.

It depends on what they are counting

I do love how random PR numbers get fanboys in a huff. I just hope this doesn't lead to a million "360 iz undr trked in Urop!!!!" threads.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

vgchartz has all the answers and it says PS3 has now overtaken 360 in europe

PS3 was announced to have hit the 5 million mark some months ago.If 360 is hitting the 5 million mark right now theres no way they are ahead,and of course not by 750K units.Now ,if they are talking all PAL regions put toghether that could have more sense.

whacker41 said:
Which one is telling the truth? I bet even if sony or microsoft is lying, they certainly won't admit it.

Sony counts the EMEA region as Europe(companies like HP, Dell, Apple etcetera do so as well) while MS counts only Europe.

EMEA stands for Europe/Middle East/Afrika so in essence they are both right, in addition to that I think they both track sales of Australia and New Zealand as part of Europe.

Really not worth commenting on untill Jan 09, so why am i?

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

interesting , ms may have know something else...