By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Camelot up for Breath of Fire series revival

That "fixed" thing is getting old. I don't ever want to come into a thread and see my post used to start a flame war. I structure my posts very carefully, on purpose not to start stupidity.

You changed my prediction about a group of consoles in to a current statement about one console. That makes no sense. "Fixed" works when you change 1 or 2 words. If you disagree with what somebody says, and can't edit 2 word to make it "fixed" don't use it. It won't be funny, just fanboy-ish.

I posted a detailed prediction, and you basically responded with "WOOT! teh DS Roolz! PS3 and 360 sux." and then look what happened after that... You dragged in a guy who says "No, PS3 is leet but you were right about the 360." Let's try to keep the discussion going without being stupid fanboys.

I really don't mean this as an insult, I am hoping that you just don't realize you do these things.

Oh, Riachu, BoF is fun to me because it is just a Solid JRPG. Sometimes a game can be good even with out being innovative (Hint: MM9).

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
weezy said:
Um I want CAPCOM to make Breath of Fire.

Should stay that way.

Um weren't the most recent ones mediocre? I htink camelot could make it good. Play golden sun one of the best rpgs imo, and it is made by camelot, and you wouldn't care if they make it or not.

As long as it doesn`t suck like BOF 5, anyone can make it.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

sc94597 said:
weezy said:
Um I want CAPCOM to make Breath of Fire.

Should stay that way.

Um weren't the most recent ones mediocre? I htink camelot could make it good. Play golden sun one of the best rpgs imo, and it is made by camelot, and you wouldn't care if they make it or not.

No, they weren't BoF5 was weird but everything else is fine.

Really I want Camelot to make Golden Sun Thwii and Capcom to make BoF6.

Well, actually, I wouldn't mind them making a BoF but I'd rather have both games this gen rather than a bunch of franchises being dumped on one developer that needs proper time to do each one.

Also, we all know the Wii is becoming the RPG machine (Arc Rise Fantasia FTW), so people can stop kidding themselves.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Breath of Fire 3 was the first game I ever played on my PS1.
I still have BoF1 and BoF2 on my CPU as well.

I liked the series, a perfect example of good but not great.

BoF V was actually the best one, it was just too short.

Around the Network

YA BoF5 was alittle wacky, but the others before that were DOPE!!!

I love BoF1-3 I have number 4 but havnt cracked into it yet

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

BoF IV is the only one I never played

I wonder if I could track down a copy for a decent price

breath of fire? bleeeeeh I'd rather they get to work on the next golden sun game

sc94597 said:

1 -  The ff series is HIGHLY overrated. The only people who are like "FF pwns everything" are either A never played much rpgs or/and B Never played much FF rpgs.

2 - There are many bad ff games

3 - and many rpgs are better than the best FFs, so I don't think we should even not their statements about where rpgs will go.

Edit: ALso its not even the highest selling rpg. I.E pokemon, various wrpgs, even some series like dragon quest and kh(kinda like a spinoff of FF) could compete.

1 - I think that is a naive statement. I'm a huge JRPG fan. I still think Final Fantasy 'pwns' everything and:     

A) I've played many, many rpgs (likely more than you simply due to age - really don't mean this in a                      condescending  way) and is pretty much the only genre I love; and

B) I've played every Final Fantasy game.

2 - 'There are many bad FF games'? Name the ones that are generally considered 'bad'.

3 - There are MANY rpgs that are better than IV, VI, X? I don't mean to sound rude, but I didn't know this was so well known.

While some Final Fantasy's may be overrated, and some of its fans crazed, does not degrade the quality of the series whatsoever. Personally, there has been no other series of games that I look forward to most and play the most.

Of all of the other JRPG's that I've played, the one's that I find come close to some FF's are Xenogears, DQXIII and Lufia 1&2 and maybe BoF2. I hope I'm not coming off as a jerk here, but I just don't understand all of the slights against FF lately.  I suppose it's true when they say it's easiest to attack something that is very successful (MS, Ipod, etc.).

pearljammer said:
sc94597 said:

1 -  The ff series is HIGHLY overrated. The only people who are like "FF pwns everything" are either A never played much rpgs or/and B Never played much FF rpgs.

2 - There are many bad ff games

3 - and many rpgs are better than the best FFs, so I don't think we should even not their statements about where rpgs will go.

Edit: ALso its not even the highest selling rpg. I.E pokemon, various wrpgs, even some series like dragon quest and kh(kinda like a spinoff of FF) could compete.

1 - I think that is a naive statement. I'm a huge JRPG fan. I still think Final Fantasy 'pwns' everything and:     

A) I've played many, many rpgs (likely more than you simply due to age - really don't mean this in a                      condescending  way) and is pretty much the only genre I love; and

B) I've played every Final Fantasy game.

2 - 'There are many bad FF games'? Name the ones that are generally considered 'bad'.

3 - There are MANY rpgs that are better than IV, VI, X? I don't mean to sound rude, but I didn't know this was so well known.

While some Final Fantasy's may be overrated, and some of its fans crazed, does not degrade the quality of the series whatsoever. Personally, there has been no other series of games that I look forward to most and play the most.

Of all of the other JRPG's that I've played, the one's that I find come close to some FF's are Xenogears, DQXIII and Lufia 1&2 and maybe BoF2. I hope I'm not coming off as a jerk here, but I just don't understand all of the slights against FF lately.  I suppose it's true when they say it's easiest to attack something that is very successful (MS, Ipod, etc.).

I used to think FF pwn'd everything, but my tastes changed.  I prefer a shorter game with more gameplay.  As far as production values go, FF still pwns everything (Remember I didn't love IX or X and disliked XII).

Tales of Vespara and WKS look like they may trump FF as far as production values.

FFIV and VI are 2 of my favorite games.

Breath of Fire is not overrated, it is endeared by a moderately sized group of fans.  I am not one of them, but I think a new one has potential to be successful on DS and maybe on Wii.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.