By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Camelot up for Breath of Fire series revival

The DS would be great because of its huge install base and its low development costs. The wii would be great because the genre is under-represented atm. Or microsoft could just buy it :P

Around the Network

What I'd like to know is how well did BoF do on the Virtual Console.

Breath of Fire is not going to sell a million copies WW. The series was only moderately successful in Japan and was never particularly popular in NA/Europe

Steady on there, champ. No game has even been announced yet.

CAL4M1TY said:
steven787 said:

Short answer: Yes, there is a moderate market.

Long answer: DS is the consoles for JRPG in this gen.

Breath of Fire would be positively synergistic with those RPGs and the BoF VC releases, anthropomorphic animals appeal to Wii/DS owners, JRPG line up (think of it as a Venue effect, instead of competing with each other they begin to complement each other).

BoF Wii/DS would easily sell 500-700k WW on nostalgia and synergy alone within 12 months. If it is actually good then it would be another 1.5 million seller for Capcom.

fixed. I would not consider the Wii to be the "home console for JRPG's", that'll either be the 360 or PS3 because right now they are with the 360, but once the PS3 actually has a solid userbase, they'll go back to sony (unless sony pull yet another "we won't pay for exclusivity" stunt.

That remains to be seen but I don't think the XBOX360 will the console for JRPG in the future. As for the PS3, with what happened to SO4, I started to lose hope.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
CAL4M1TY said:
steven787 said:

Breath of Fire would be positively synergistic with those RPGs and the BoF VC releases, anthropomorphic animals appeal to Wii/DS owners, JRPG line up (think of it as a Venue effect, instead of competing with each other they begin to complement each other).

BoF Wii/DS would easily sell 500-700k WW on nostalgia and synergy alone within 12 months. If it is actually good then it would be another 1.5 million seller for Capcom.

fixed. I would not consider the Wii to be the "home console for JRPG's", that'll either be the 360 or PS3 because right now they are with the 360, but once the PS3 actually has a solid userbase, they'll go back to sony (unless sony pull yet another "we won't pay for exclusivity" stunt.

That is total bullshit. By the time FFXIII comes out the 360 and wii will both have many rpgs. Developers will see how well the rpgs sold on the wii, and then there wii rpg support. I could only see a few ps3 rpgs this gen.

I loved BoF 3. So I can't wait if this true, but I want camelot to start working on Golden Sun 3. Also is camelot a nintendo exclusive company? I remember they use to be , but I don't know anymore.

Whaps, didnt see that coming.
2, 3 and 4 was great. I dont want a new 5DQ, so a release for DS, and i will buy the damm little console. awesome,

Soriku said:
CAL4M1TY said:
steven787 said:

Really? Especially when the Wii is #1 in Japan and FF XIII is releasing in a year which measn there's more time for Wii RPGs to be announced? You act as if FF XIII will somehow "save" the PS3. Sorry, but FF isn't the only RPG that's worth buying. Not anymore. This isn't the PS1 days. And even if the PS3 manages to get a "solid" userbase the Wii's userbase will still be bigger.

Sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

Shame I have to rough up a person with a KH avatar ;(

FF was never the 'only' RPG worth buying

Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
I loved BoF 3. So I can't wait if this true, but I want camelot to start working on Golden Sun 3. Also is camelot a nintendo exclusive company? I remember they use to be , but I don't know anymore.

They only develop for Nintendo and the PC so if they made a new BoF the chances of it being on the Wii or DS is really high.

Sweet. Golden Sun for ds, and BoF for wii=win.