By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - European Gamers are SMART!

Im waiting for a price drop...

Around the Network

Anyone who buys a Civ game on a console is thick-as, anyways.

I prefer the pc for games like Civ.

You need a mouse or IR for it. Pads or worthless.

Currently Playing:

Wii: Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort

Xbox360: Fifa 2009, Halflife 2 Episode 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to play:
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones, SMG2
Xbox360: MW2

Most of the people who would buy games like Civilization are PC-oriented, and they probably own 360s (especially in parts of Scandinavia). That said, this game is actually selling pretty poorly and the sales are offset by other purchases Europe/PAL has made.

Second week of Civ: Rev on both PS3 and 360 in Europe: 24,911

Second week of Deal or no Deal on the DS in Europe: 40,983

Now, of course, DoND was launched near the holiday season to a large casual userbase, but that's still bad gaming choice folks.

Actually this is interesting, I think the increased sales of the 360 version indicates a greater percentage of people with that system are familiar with pc franchises. So its PC or 360 perhaps, not both. At least as an indication.

Tease.

Around the Network

Civ IV for PC is brilliant.
Civ Rev for consoles is brilliant too!
I'm one of those "smart" 360 owners who bought the game.

Well, I'm definitely expecting the DS version to sell better in europe then the console versions. Not sure if it will be as good, though.

I think i might buy the DS version. I like the idea of being able to play civilisation on the can.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

I only saw one copy of it in the closest EB near my college (which is in north sydney, so its got lots of business people walking around). If its in such limited stock then theres no wonder it isn't selling. I expect it to be a consistent seller nonetheless. The two games I'll be buying soon is this and NG2 so I'll be contributing.

mrstickball said:

And remember, if you don't buy Civ:Rev, something is wrong with YOU!

Demo was really disappointing. Seriously I've decided not to buy this game only because of these silly advisers and generally childish approach... Shame because I was really hyped by trailers...

Iwould have bought it on the Wii, but since they thought it would be better on the bad-controller consoles, screw them