By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions - (When) Will the Wii Overtake the 360 & PS3 WW?

Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh said:

Nope never

The Xbox 360 is selling a lot compared to what it use to sell, and as soon at the PS3 gets a price cut it be selling at the same level as the Xbox 360 more then likely more so combine sales will definitely be over the Wii's. Also the Wii doesn't seem to be doing good in Japan and I can see the PS3 starting to surpass the Wii in sales for quite a bit of weeks in Japan.

And in 2009 all the best games will be for the PS3 and X360 just like 2008, eventually that's gonna bite the Wii in the ass unless they start pumping out some AAA games.

That's silly.

It may be silly but that's my opinion and I'll admit I'm wrong if it happens

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Will you admit that your reasoning was faulty?

Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh said:

IF it's faulty

If a price cut of the PS3 doesn't push the combine sales of Xbox 360 and PS3's pass the Wiis week after week, then I'll admit im wrong or if some how the Wii starts selling like mad in Japan and the PS3 does odly bad then I'll admit im wrong but for now I believe what I said is true.

Gilgamesh said:
Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh said:

IF it's faulty

If a price cut of the PS3 doesn't push the combine sales of Xbox 360 and PS3's pass the Wiis week after week, then I'll admit im wrong or if some how the Wii starts selling like mad in Japan and the PS3 does odly bad then I'll admit im wrong but for now I believe what I said is true.

And if it turns out that the PS3 doesn't get a price cut this year, and the Wii passes up the combined PS360 total, will you say that it wouldn't have happened if the PS3 got a price drop?

Will you continue to say that if the PS3 gets a price drop after the fact and nothing changes?

Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh said:
Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh said:

IF it's faulty

And if it turns out that the PS3 doesn't get a price cut this year, and the Wii passes up the combined PS360 total, will you say that it wouldn't have happened if the PS3 got a price drop?

Will you continue to say that if the PS3 gets a price drop after the fact and nothing changes?

Well even if it doesn't get a price cut the combine sales of the PS3 and X360 should be close or if not over the Wii's, it's just if the PS3 had a price cut it'd be garunteed that the combine PS360 sales will be over the Wiis.

Around the Network

What do you expect to change to make the PS3 and 360 more popular than they are now?

Khuutra said:
What do you expect to change to make the PS3 and 360 more popular than they are now?

Easy, games and price.

I'm not sure about the X360 I heard they had a good line up of games coming out in 2009, but the PS3 has it's best line up of games yet for 2009. And there hasn't been a price cut sinse late 2007 early 2008 (I think) for the PS3 so a price cut could really be pretty huge for the PS3. And knowing Microsoft I'm sure they'll have another price cut once the PS3 has one.

And also there could be a possiblity of a Slim PS3 this year, I think the Cell is going 45nm this summer (not sure about the RSX) so that puts the PS3 in a good position for Slim PS3. What I believe should and could happen is to have a $50 price cut in the summer for the PS3 then another $50 price cut around the holidays along with a slim PS3, then that should really turn things around sales wise.

Sorry for the all the somewhat OT comments Machina-AX

These are pretty on-topic, considering that we're discussing factors that will affect the outcome of these predictions.

We will see if you are right.

Hmm dont think I put in for this, but I estimate Feb 2010.

September 2009