By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions - (When) Will the Wii Overtake the 360 & PS3 WW?

Tbone said:

Haha alright i guess it will be it this way damm talk about fail

Took me a while to find you in the list... then I noticed the "never" group at the bottom.

@NJ5.... well the thread I am talking about I moved it to March even though Wii was still (from the knowledge I had) performing past almost everyones expectations.

March would however have been a good month without the X360 price-cut I think.

Around the Network

never

^^^ do ppl really believe that? or is that a joke? lols

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Right now, I'm feeling like I should have said June. I'd love for it to happen sooner, but I'd rather my prediction be right, so hopefully the X360 and PS3 get some nice sales boost with some of the cool games coming out

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

By the way things are going, it won't happen before May.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network

Damn. April is impossible, huh?

I thought I had this one in Jan (was still possible at least), before those adjustments hit.

@nordlead: Heck yeah, sounds like me. I'll root for a game to flop if it means I'm right!

It would be funny if it reached 50% in September or December. :P

november 09

Nope never

The Xbox 360 is selling a lot compared to what it use to sell, and as soon at the PS3 gets a price cut it be selling at the same level as the Xbox 360 more then likely more so combine sales will definitely be over the Wii's. Also the Wii doesn't seem to be doing good in Japan and I can see the PS3 starting to surpass the Wii in sales for quite a bit of weeks in Japan.

And in 2009 all the best games will be for the PS3 and X360 just like 2008, eventually that's gonna bite the Wii in the ass unless they start pumping out some AAA games.

Gilgamesh said:

Nope never

The Xbox 360 is selling a lot compared to what it use to sell, and as soon at the PS3 gets a price cut it be selling at the same level as the Xbox 360 more then likely more so combine sales will definitely be over the Wii's. Also the Wii doesn't seem to be doing good in Japan and I can see the PS3 starting to surpass the Wii in sales for quite a bit of weeks in Japan.

And in 2009 all the best games will be for the PS3 and X360 just like 2008, eventually that's gonna bite the Wii in the ass unless they start pumping out some AAA games.

That's silly.