By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - UK Main Retailers - All out of Arcade 360s

starcraft said:
Hmmmm. This is interesting with E3 right around the corner.

The plot thickens

E3 - July

Expected landing date for Jasper - August

Expected landing date of Too Human - August (First 'big' exclusive of the year)

@Bitmap frogs - perhaps they were preparing to eliminate the Arcades from the channel entirely so they wanted some incentives?

I wonder about that - I think they have several reasons. Xmote in new arcade, renders old model obsolete. Upsecification of the arcade to include a HDD, want to eliminate confusion with two SKUs with the same name and such a difference, or the plain old bad stock management.

Tease.

Around the Network

In France, it's the case since march. In fact, all arcades sku which come in stores disappear quickly. Actually impossible to find them, even if last sunday amazon.fr had some during a few hours, and recently i see another ones at micromania during always a short time.

Bundling the Xmote with the arcade and positioning it against the wii? Is that what you are implying squilliam?

It sort of makes sense.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I think it's because the sells of this sku are too high, and microsoft don't do the necesseries things to fix the problem. In France a lot of people on different forums speak they search arcades sku, and they don't find them.

In Italy they said that:

http://www.forumeye.it/invision/index.php?showtopic=439975&st=170

News su 360: Microsoft distribuirà un po' di console ad inizio Luglio, poi fino all'ultima settimana di Agosto non se ne parla più wink3.gif

La suddivisione dovrebbe essere 65% Arcade 20% Pro e 15% Elite.

Fonte: La stessa che mi passa le classifiche

Which for me want say that this sku sells the most of the three sku.

When GTA 4 was launch (29 april), prosugno told us this sku was sold out.

And for others countries in Europe, i think it's actually impossible to find easily this sku.

Bitmap Frogs said:

Bundling the Xmote with the arcade and positioning it against the wii? Is that what you are implying squilliam?

It sort of makes sense.

Well I've wondered if the Arcade would eventually be positioned directly against the Wii. The Pro maintaining the middle ground and the Elite would grab blu ray and compete head to head with the PS3.

A HDD doesn't cost $70! *Arcade vs Pro* They probably want to do something with the different SKUs eventually. I can't believe that they would sit idly by and NOT react to the competition.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

It sort of makes sense.

Well I've wondered if the Arcade would eventually be positioned directly against the Wii. The Pro maintaining the middle ground and the Elite would grab blu ray and compete head to head with the PS3.

That's sort of crazy and kind of fits with the MS mentality.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I'm guessing we'll eventually see a 360/512mb memcard/X-Mote/Banjo-Kazooie 3 bundle at the Arcade's current price point ($279). They still won't steal any sales from the Wii, but at least it'll be better than the current Arcade bundle.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I am surprise they drop the price so early this year, the sale must really slow down so much. PS3 has the advantage of GT5P and then now MGS4 push not to mention all the Blu-ray promotion may be MS is feeling the heat.

I really wish they would do away with MU in Arcade and put in 20gb HD. Bump the premium unit up to 60gb and let the Elite have the 120gb.