By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Dark Knight

Runtime is now official confirmed at 152 minutes (2hrs 32mins) which sounds like great value for money.

Here's a quote - "The film feels more like a crime drama in a grand city scape than a typical comic book movie. It feels like Heat except Batman is Al Pacino and The Joker is Robert De Niro and just like in that film we have a great scene between Heath Ledger and Christian Bale across a table. There is also an element of a Greek Tragedy. There is a vast sense of morality at play within the film".

Spoiler free review at AICN. "This review avoids major spoilers but does reveal the basic framework - so if you don't like to know a thing... why'd you even click here. The word is... the film is GREAT. You can leave now. But if you can't - nothing major will be destroyed for your virginal screening romp..."

Expect more leaks as screenings for exhibitors, press and the like take place in Europe and the US in the next few days.

Around the Network

WOW, over 2 and a half hours??

i was planning to go the first day it releases, and now im even more sure =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I will say this again: best....movie...of....the.....summer.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

That's only 12 minutes longer than Batman Begins. If it's similiar to the first, it'll be another great flick that needed to have many more cuts on the editing room floor. Hopefully they'll leave the origin nonsense out of this one since they spent half of the movie doing it last time. Maybe a little more detective work this time also so this doesn't play out like a generic superhero movie instead of a Batman storyline like it should be.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Soriku said:
I have one problem and it's about Joker. Joker's supposed ti be pretty comical, leading Batman in a direction, possibly tricking him, pulling pranks to achieve whatever he wants to achieve. He also uses his own devices like ultra-sharp cards, jack-o-lanterns (or Joker-o-lanterns :P) that explode, guns that can stick stuff, "laughing" smoke, etc. In the trailers that doesn't seem to be the case. I see him walk towards Batman, shooting a MACHINE GUN. I actually hope he pulls pranks instead of just...that.

Christopher Nolan is not very true to the roots of the universe Batman lives in. In certain respects I like his direction, but in others he just seems to want to insert Batman into a very generic superhero mold, mixed in with some broody Michael Mann scenes. It would be nice for Nolan to use some of that great filmwork he put into The Prestige and insert it into the Batman franchise. Tim Burton had very bad choices for prop and set pieces, but overall he had the characters down to a T.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
I have one problem and it's about Joker. Joker's supposed ti be pretty comical, leading Batman in a direction, possibly tricking him, pulling pranks to achieve whatever he wants to achieve. He also uses his own devices like ultra-sharp cards, jack-o-lanterns (or Joker-o-lanterns :P) that explode, guns that can stick stuff, "laughing" smoke, etc. In the trailers that doesn't seem to be the case. I see him walk towards Batman, shooting a MACHINE GUN. I actually hope he pulls pranks instead of just...that.

Soriku your only 6 how are you supposed to know about the joker?

ON topic:

This is going to be on of the best movies this year.

mM

Depending on the writer, the Joker is a buffoon who relies on gimicks and such to commit a poorly thought out crime, or a sadistic murderer who shot Batgirl in the spine, and beat Robin to death with a crowbar. I am a HUGE Batman fan, and I welcome Nolan's take on the Clown Prince of Crime. If there's one thing I don't want, it's a Joker who is predictable.

Soriku said:

It's a sick joke, not a funny joke. Joker likes the "sucks to be you" kind of funny. He's laughing at you, not with you. There's also twisted and ironic humor and all of it mean-spirited or plain absurd. Just mix up some madness, existentialism, and anger. Voila, Joker cocktail.

holy cunt, thats long.

But i can't fucking wait for this movie!!!

Prior to Batman Begins i thought batman was a tad bit gay, but now i love batman!!

I saw a new trailer, Heath was the right person to play the joker. That's a major change in my attitude , since earlier I thought they screwed up with the whole smeared facepaint look.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive