By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales UP! - PSP regainst the throne!

sc94597 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Has the wii hit a saturation point already in Japan? At this rate,it won't outsell the PS2.

What? Look at this chart and tell me what you see? http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS2&reg2=Japan&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=156 I see the wii selling mroe than the ps2 did.

Actually, the Wii's not even selling that much more by time period. Remember that the PS2 launched in the beginning of the year in Japan whereas the Wii launched at the end of the year. So if one gets a holiday boost it can push over the date by date sales of another even if they were selling about the same.

Around the Network

PSP is still the king.

Japan loves their slim-line PS3.

No, the Wii is not reaching saturation.

FishyJoe said:
FJ-Warez said:
You know the throne is like 15 millions away...

Not to mention that every sale of a DS is a record breaker in Japan.

Or maybe he was talking about current sales as opposed to sales to date .

The numbers was kinda expected for ps3 hopefully it can stay above 15k and psp sells nicely.

FJ-Warez said:

The picture in your signature looks like a real life Delfino Square from Mario Kart Wii.  Is it, is it?  And is that Mario's Nitrocycle bike in the picture?  Is it, is it?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
tuoyo said:
FJ-Warez said:

The picture in your signature looks like a real life Delfino Square from Mario Kart Wii.  Is it, is it?  And is that Mario's Nitrocycle bike in the picture?  Is it, is it?

The bike looks like a Honda Metropolitan Scooter. I want to buy my wife this sccoter. I drive a Honda VTX 1300.

Hard drop for the PS3, Wii still stable along with the DS and PSP.
PS2 and X360 dead.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Fernando said:
tuoyo said:
FJ-Warez said:

The bike looks like a Honda Metropolitan Scooter. I want to buy my wife this sccoter. I drive a Honda VTX 1300.

I don't know where did you get that, but yeah is a scooter (Old one) on 3d enviroment which only exist on my head... (I haven't played MK:Wii)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Does anyone else get the impression Darth is in preliminary damage control with regard to NA numbers?

I mean thats got to be the 5th time today I've seen him try to justify the possibility of low NA PS3 numbers.

Personally I think they will be pretty high. The 80GB won't have sold out everywhere, and even if it did, MGS4 was the big console-pusher last week, not the SKU change.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'll get one when it hits $129 US.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder