By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU sales UP!!PS3 OUCH!

darthdevidem01 said:
HappySqurriel said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Imthelegend said:
Ouch. Expected and all but what can Sony do to improve the lack of PS3 sales. Don't think even a price cut would do a huge amount over the long term IMO.

300% increase in NA YOY, 200% increase in EU YOY

PS3 is the only console in history to have such increased sales even months after a price cut.

A $200 price reduction (potentially the biggest price reduction ever), the Blu-Ray format winning (and the PS3 being the least expensive and only fully compatible Blu-Ray player), and the release of two of the biggest games of the generation should be credited for that ... it wasn't just a price reduction.

well $200 in only NA...not in EU

I agree with your other points.....but BC removed reduced the impact as well...so sales could've been much higher

jeah. In EU price reduction was 200€ (311$)

Around the Network

The wii got reduced 50k as well, chillax people

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

darthdevidem01 said:
FishyJoe said:

PSP sales only up 4k for  FFVII:CC (looked at wrong table before). So much for any boost.

no mattter how bad other consoles do....your aim is always the PSP....lol {saying this in a funny way}

If it would only sell better, I would have no ammo to shoot.

NJ5 said:

@HappySqurriel / PooperScooper: You're discussing American price cuts in a thread about Europe... Semantics aren't even an issue here as I wrote above.

You're correct ... I wasn't even thinking about that.

Neos said:
The wii got reduced 50k as well, chillax people

Reduced by 50k and still over tracked by 500k in just two countries.

Around the Network

You are a real hoot Happy and NJ5.Base model of a car 10kCar with AT, AC, PS 15k Is that a 5k price cut?Go to a dealership and try to find a car without the options I listed. You need to gut the car and have specially made and shipped if you want the base model.

shanbcn said:
MANUELF said:
shanbcn said:
PS3 adjusted down but what about Wii? Wii is still over tracked by 500k in Germany and France.

link?

Why PS3 France numbers were adjusted down? It was because of recent LTD numbers which put Wii at 1,8 million. It means overtracked by 300k and in Germany Wii recently "shipped" 1 million acording to Nintendo and VG already have it over 1 million.

I still ask link?

So if Europe ever gets the 80gig model does that mean that Sony cut the price by 200 dollars then increased it by 100 dollars?

Man what ass hats they are price gouging like that. Raising the price on us. I thought Gas was the only thing that did things like that

PooperScooper, how do you suggest we say it then? Shall we say there was no price cut for the PS3 in Europe?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
PooperScooper, how do you suggest we say it then? Shall we say there was no price cut for the PS3 in Europe?

"Introducing a cheaper model" Sounds like a damn good way to put it "a $200 price cut" Look you dont even need to say much more