By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sports Game Recommendations (PS3/360)

I haven't played a sports game for a while and I want to play something in the realm of professional sports, i.e. NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, FIFA, NCAAB, NCAAF, etc.  I'm looking for a good game to try but I haven't been playing attention to any of those games since the NES days.  What recommendations to any of you have for a good sports game.  I know it sounds like a very open question but I'm looking for a good place to start and my Gamefly account is collecting dust. 

Please don't suggest Wii games.  I don't have one.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

MLB '08 The Show - Ps3

Don't touch FIFA , I play pro evolution on the PC.

Maybe you should tell us what sports you like first. Or more accurately what sports games you like to play. I like to play basketball/football in real life, but my favorite sports game to play is NHL 08.

And with that I recommend NHL 08.

bobobologna said:
Maybe you should tell us what sports you like first. Or more accurately what sports games you like to play. I like to play basketball/football in real life, but my favorite sports game to play is NHL 08.

And with that I recommend NHL 08.

Honestly, I don't know which games I will like to play more.  I like hockey, football, soccer, and baseball, but I'm not sure that will mean that I will enjoy the games just as much.  I'm not a huge basketball fan but I haven't ruled that out since a basketball video game might be fun.  Thanks for the recommendation.

I give that post a 9.8.

Around the Network
Million said:

Why the PC and not console?

I give that post a 9.6.

PooperScooper said:
MLB '08 The Show - Ps3

Thanks, I'll check it out

I should have responded to all these posts in one post but oh well.

Thanks to everyone so far.

I give that post a 9.7.

Profcrab said:
Million said:

Why the PC and not console?

I give that post a 9.6.

Console version of Pro is messed up , the ps3 version anyway.

I really like NHL 08, but I am not sure if someone who isn't a big hockey fan would appreciate its realism and not just be frustrated.

I really like Brian Lara Cricket, but I can see why people who don't love cricket would not like it