By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - bad decisions companies made that affected our gaming habbits

We all gather to here and discuss the sales % lost due to RROD or high system price cost at launch but none of these issues really affect our gaming habbits?

I thought I'd make a thread where we could share some mistakes that companies made that affected us and our gaming.

I'll start with 2 blunders Sony made that affected my gaming personally.

1. Sony suing company behind Bleemcast -

a small company made an emulator that would let you play PS1 games on the dreamcast and would make the games look much much better. The resolution was increased and textures were sharper. I was looking forward to this a lot as PS2 was coming out at a rediculous price and no games worth playing but PS1 was still going strong. Unfortunately Sony sued the company and delayed the release of bleemcast until very late i the Dreamcasts lifecycle when the system was already dead.

I got to play Metal Gear Solid on the dreamcast using the special bleemcast disk that came out before Sony shut them down and let me tell you...the game looks 3X better. To this day, even the PS3 doesn't emulate ps1 games this good and there is a lot of PS1 classics I would have loved to play with better resolution and better visuals.

Here is some info on this product for those that may no know this. http://www.gamesfirst.com/articles/bleemcastFAQ/bleemcastFAQ.asp

2. Sony suing Lik-Sang website - 

Lik-Sang was the coolest store where I would go and get my 3rd party controllers, import games, custom modifications and mod chips. However due to some stupid Europe PSP selling issue, store was sued by Sony. And while they did not win the lawsuit, the store ran out of money due to legal fees and had to shut down. I've been using Play-asia since but its not nearly as cool as Link-Sang was.

More info can be found on their site... http://www.lik-sang.com/

How about you? Any videogame company decisions that caused you to lose out on something?

Around the Network
disolitude said:

We all gather to here and discuss the sales % lost due to RROD or high system price cost at launch but none of these issues really affect our gaming habbits?

I thought I'd make a thread where we could share some mistakes that companies made that affected us and our gaming.

a small company made an emulator that would let you play PS1 games on the dreamcast and would make the games look much much better. The resolution was increased and textures were sharper. I was looking forward to this a lot as PS2 was coming out at a rediculous price and no games worth playing but PS1 was still going strong. Unfortunately Sony sued the company and delayed the release of bleemcast until very late i the Dreamcasts lifecycle when the system was already dead.

I got to play Metal Gear Solid on the dreamcast using the special bleemcast disk that came out before Sony shut them down and let me tell you...the game looks 3X better. To this day, even the PS3 doesn't emulate ps1 games this good and there is a lot of PS1 classics I would have loved to play with better resolution and better visuals.

Here is some info on this product for those that may no know this. http://www.gamesfirst.com/articles/bleemcastFAQ/bleemcastFAQ.asp

2. Sony suing Lik-Sang website -

Lik-Sang was the coolest store where I would go and get my 3rd party controllers, import games, custom modifications and mod chips. However due to some stupid Europe PSP selling issue, store was sued by Sony. And while they did not win the lawsuit, the store ran out of money due to legal fees and had to shut down. I've been using Play-asia since but its not nearly as cool as Link-Sang was.

How about you? Any videogame company decisions that caused you to lose out on something?

All I gather from this is that you blow way to much money on gaming. Don't you own like every game for every console? :P I'm just sayin. What do you care what any game company does when your gonna buy em all anyway.

Sony bought the license for Conntectix Virtual Game Station.. No more 1 on 1 emulation on the Mac.. It was the greatest emulator ever.. almost 100% of the games worked and made the Mac games library so much bigger..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

@Leetgeek

Rather judgemental and ignorant comment on your part...

I wasn't making the money I make now always... I could not afford an xbox 1 until 2005. and I could not afford a 360 without selling my ps2. Only in the last year or so did I actually get a job that lets me buy all 3 systems...

Being a student doesn't help either...

I don't mean to diss you but you said you had like all the consoles I mean that is a watta money. Good for you and your new job. Don't get mad.

Around the Network
Leetgeek said:

I don't mean to diss you but you said you had like all the consoles I mean that is a watta money. Good for you and your new job. Don't get mad.

Its all good man ;)

I have a feeling my console list will get a little smaller soon. I honestly haven't played the Wii in 2 months...I'm just waiting till E3 and hopefully a new Castlevania game for Wii.

Word. *gives dap*

I'll buy your Wii for $150 lol. kk Also a new Caslevainia on a Console is long overdue.

disolitude said:

I got to play Metal Gear Solid on the dreamcast using the special bleemcast disk that came out before Sony shut them down and let me tell you...the game looks 3X better. To this day, even the PS3 doesn't emulate ps1 games this good and there is a lot of PS1 classics I would have loved to play with better resolution and better visuals.

2. Sony suing Lik-Sang website -

Lik-Sang was the coolest store where I would go and get my 3rd party controllers, import games, custom modifications and mod chips. However due to some stupid Europe PSP selling issue, store was sued by Sony. And while they did not win the lawsuit, the store ran out of money due to legal fees and had to shut down. I've been using Play-asia since but its not nearly as cool as Link-Sang was.

what a bunch of crap.

1. sony had every right to sue the company behind bleemcast. ps games were developed for use on *GASP* a PLAYSTATION and not a dreamcast. as the playstation was still being manufactured, sold, and supported by sony and their third party partners and they were still making money on it, emulation of the playstaion on a different system is an infrigment on copyright laws and is illegal and is a crime.  comes to show what morals you have sir.

2. again, i see how you like to support piracy. serves lik-sang right to get sued by sony. custom modifications and mod chips leads to region free ps2s. and these mod cheaps also have the ability to play backup games. this leads to backup copies of games which are ditributed on the web which leads to piracy. and piracy is a crime. sony had every right to protect its business and investments.

Sounds like Sony ruinied your life./sarcasm

why is this in sony section ?

it should be some place else where I can say what other companies ruined my gaming habit,,,,or is this just another PS3/Sony bashing?

Do you honestly expected them to allow PS1 games to be played on Sega console?you are kidding right?