By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Some sony fans to be dissapointed with FFXIII sales and its effect on ps3?

i don't see it like that there a lot of games how will save the ps3 not just ffiiix,
and my prediction is 10 millions LTD for ffiix

Around the Network
playnext3 said:
i don't see it like that there a lot of games how will save the ps3 not just ffiiix,
and my prediction is 10 millions LTD for ffiix

In japan? Anyway I just wanted ot ask you why you believe it will outsell every other final fantasy?

Somebody's probably already said it, but when FFXIII releases, the PS3 userbase will be much larger than the PS2 userbase when FFX launched.

Also, there is a precedent that shows a single game can revive a dead system. Just look at Monster Hunter for the PSP. Before that game, Japan was the weakest region for the PSP and now sales there are equal to or greater than any other territory simply because of this one game. And arguably, the DS is bigger competition for the PSP than the Wii is for the PS3.

Anyway, this thread is dumb like the Kingdom Hearts threads. Can we just wait until we actually get a release date to talk about crap like this. A whole heck of a lot can change in the time between now and release.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

jman8 said:
Somebody's probably already said it, but when FFXIII releases, the PS3 userbase will be much larger than the PS2 userbase when FFX launched.

Also, there is a precedent that shows a single game can revive a dead system. Just look at Monster Hunter for the PSP. Before that game, Japan was the weakest region for the PSP and now sales there are equal to or greater than any other territory simply because of this one game. And arguably, the DS is bigger competition for the PSP than the Wii is for the PS3.

Anyway, this thread is dumb like the Kingdom Hearts threads. Can we just wait until we actually get a release date to talk about crap like this. A whole heck of a lot can change in the time between now and release.

Not in japan though which is basically the focus of my post. Also the DS sales were already dwindling because of saturation so it wasn't too much competition anymore.

I gave that prediction along the lines with the release of the final fantasy game, predicting that ii would sell hardware and thats why i gave that prediction, and what do you mean stop trolling can't i post a comment and that's why you arewrong i suggest you go back to school get the proper education under your belt and maybe we can have discussion until that time keep your mouth shut boy.

Around the Network

I gave that prediction along the lines with the release of the final fantasy game, predicting that it would sell hardware and thats why i gave that prediction, and what do you mean stop trolling can't i post a comment and that's why you arewrong i suggest you go back to school get the proper education under your belt and maybe we can have a discussion until that time comes keep your mouth shut boy.

Just to refresh some people memory, since till e3`08 is still over 2 weeks and till Square party over 1 month, and till TGS`08 over 3 months. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

o_hadji89 said:

I gave that prediction along the lines with the release of the final fantasy game, predicting that it would sell hardware and thats why i gave that prediction, and what do you mean stop trolling can't i post a comment and that's why you arewrong i suggest you go back to school get the proper education under your belt and maybe we can have a discussion until that time comes keep your mouth shut boy.

Who called you a troll? I called blue ocelot a troll. Sorry I'm still in school, and my education is fine seeing as my total average grade is a 98.5.

@Crazy What does that have to do with sales?

o_hadji89 said:

That's classic, maybe you could take some night classes together or something.

jman8 said:

Monster Hunter Freedom had a fairly long effect on sales and was an amazing boost to the PSP. The sales increase from that has long since died off. The PSP started selling at around 60k units a week about 2 weeks after the PSP slim was introduced. The reason no one seemed to care is because the DS pulled bigger numbers still. The PSP has been doing very well in Japan for far longer than the latest Monster Hunter Freedom has been out. One game will not, and cannot have that effect on sales. It can only move an amount of consoles equal to its total sales, and it will never even do half of that quite honestly.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229