By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 finally gets Japanese launch event (on June 28)

"

Konami’s announced that there’s going to be Tokyo dates in the Kojima World Tour added for this weekend, June 28 and 29.

Hideo’s not going to be there, from the look of it, but fans may be able to get art director Yoji Shinkawa’s autograph if they’re fast enough. That’s a sketchy translation, but it seems as though he’s only going to doing 50 signings at each event.

If you recall, the Japanese MGS4 launch events were cancelled in the wake of a murder spree in Akihabara."

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/06/25/mgs4-finally-gets-japanese-launch-event/

do you think this could increase the sales abit in japan?

Around the Network

Hopefully sales will increase.

does anyone know where this happens? in a store ?

I hope it can boost MGS4 sales

Sure ,MGS4 will get some  boost.

"Next Gen. doesn't start until Sony says so", and it starts with.....

Metal Gear "Solid" launch.

Quote :"Ironic isn't it? Sony charges nothing for it's service yet you don't have to deal with pop-adds. Yet xbox live charges and gives you ads that you can't close. Funny how different the west is from the east."

SpartanFX said:
does anyone know where this happens? in a store ?

I hope it can boost MGS4 sales

According to the Famitsu article it will take place at different stores.

6/26: Yodobashi Camera in Shinjuku(Tokyo) from 10-11am, then Sofmap Gigastore in Omiya(Saitama Prefecture) from 2:30-3:30pm and finally Yodobashi Camera Multimedia Store in Yokohama from 5:30-7pm

6/27: Bic Camera in Nagoya(Aichi Prefecture) from 10:30am to ~ (not listed) and at the Yamada Denki Labi1 store in Nanba (Osaka) from 4-5:30pm

All of the stores above are Electronics stores that also sell games. Though Sofmap stores are more focused consumer electronics and videogames.

Wow, I could actually go to that one in Nagoya, since it's like 10 minutes away by train, haha. (I usually buy stuff from that Bic Camera store or the Sofmap here in Nagoya.) I wonder if they would sign my 360 or Wii games?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

Probably it will get a boost in the 5k region , but I dont think it will be more ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Hopefully this will keep sales ticking along nicely

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

yeah there will be but not a big boost

Good to see they rescheduled these instead of just cancelling them.

Pay day in Japan is generally on the 25th / end of the month too.

PSN - hanafuda

Maybe the drop will be smaller but don't expect any boost.