By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kratos to appear as PS3 exclusive Soul Calibure IV character?

my anticipation builds for this title ever so much.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
That should help sales of Soul Calibur 4, with the appearance of Kratos. So Master Chief in the X360 version?

but he doesn't have any sword

There is a sword in Halo 3 and also the gravity hammer.  They could also put in The Arbiter with a sword.  That would be pretty awesome.

I know Namco/Bandai is just blatantly selling out the series to put in any character that they think people will jump over but I like it.  Screw the story, I say!  I'm only disappointed that the 360 got Yoda and the PS3 got Vader.  I think they both should have been in the game for both consoles, then leave characters like Kratos for the console specific versions.

I give this thread a 9.7.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Profcrab said:
SpartanFX said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
That should help sales of Soul Calibur 4, with the appearance of Kratos. So Master Chief in the X360 version?

but he doesn't have any sword

There is a sword in Halo 3 and also the gravity hammer.  They could also put in The Arbiter with a sword.  That would be pretty awesome.

I know Namco/Bandai is just blatantly selling out the series to put in any character that they think people will jump over but I like it.  Screw the story, I say!  I'm only disappointed that the 360 got Yoda and the PS3 got Vader.  I think they both should have been in the game for both consoles, then leave characters like Kratos for the console specific versions.

I give this thread a 9.7.

I heard through the grapevine that Namco might allow DLC in the future to add Yoda and Vader to the other version. No word on whether that is free DLC or something you'll have to pay for. I'd pay two bucks for an extra character myself, granted the game delivers gameplay wise. I'm hoping this can recapture the magic of the first Soul Calibur.

Regarding Kratos, that would be awesome having him in the game. It may be a problem with the possibility of the length of his blade attacks. If it were true to the GOW series, Kratos could stand on one side of the stage and possibly reach the other side through slashes. It could be another case of breaking the balance of the gameplay, which SC is already notorious for.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

i would buy it lol

Very awesome, if true. It got me more excited for SCIV.