By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should there be more violent action games on Wii?

Rock_on_2008 said:
The soccer moms and grandparents do not like violent games it would anger them if Nintendo brought more violent games on the console.

I would like to thank you for your immense contribution to this thread. You helped the discussion forward and did so purely out of good will. You are so pure and devoid of fanboyism we should get you a statue. Also, as far as this was a joke post, it was really funny. I really had to laugh. Like OMG. Haha...ha. All hail Rock_on_2008!

For those who didn't get it: S to the ARCASM.

I drink your milkshake.

Around the Network

Nintendo does not like to have too many violent games. It does not want to scare anyone away so majority of their games are General rating and aimed at targeting all people both young and old. If you want violent games get either a PC, PS3 or an X360.

^ Yeah but who said Nintendo was gonna make it? While I know it's a scary project for many third parties, maybe they'd succeed if they used a known IP and made a Wii version of it (Devil May Wii, Ninja Gaiiden? :P). Anyhow, the question is 'should the Wii have these games'. Whether it's possible is a different matter.
Also, all platforms you mentioned lack one thing: motion control. While you absolutely have a point, the Wiimote might make the games even more intense and immersive - a chance that should not be missed.

I drink your milkshake.

So, Mad World is going to be more 'fast-pased' and fun orientated then you might think T013... You've got a freaking chainsaw on your left arm, why wouldn't it be fast-passed?! ...

For the bloody and gory stuff... Ninja Gaiden is one of the most gory games out there and you can better compare NG2 to Mad World then to No More Heroes...

Let me think... Disaster Day of Crisis might be something, but that might be more action orientated... Nope, nothing coming!

Although I know for a fact that Silicon Knights, Retro, Suda51, Seeds, Monolith, Factor 5 and Platinum Games have AT LEAST 1 unannounced 'mature' game for Wii in development. All of those developers are known for their quality and good games.

EDIT: Monolith =/ Monolith Soft. (Known from F.E.A.R and Project Origin).

THE NETHERLANDS

Yes, there should. Violent action games and RPGs are two types of titles the Wii lacks games in.. they will need to expand the market.

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

So, Mad World is going to be more 'fast-pased' and fun orientated then you might think T013... You've got a freaking chainsaw on your left arm, why wouldn't it be fast-passed?! ...

For the bloody and gory stuff... Ninja Gaiden is one of the most gory games out there and you can better compare NG2 to Mad World then to No More Heroes...

Since when are chainsaws 'fast'? Last time I checked, they have this delicious feel of slowly cutting throught someone,  instead of swiftly triple striking and jumping to the next foe before the dead one can even fall to the ground. In that regard, NG2 and NMH have a lot in common - while NMH lacked the mobility and jumping combat of Gaiden, you were often busy fighting of several enemies at once and doing it FAST. While I can see your reasoning, gore is not what this is about.

I drink your milkshake.

T013 said:
StarcraftManiac said:

Since when are chainsaws 'fast'? Last time I checked, they have this delicious feel of slowly cutting throught someone,  instead of swiftly triple striking and jumping to the next foe before the dead one can even fall to the ground. In that regard, NG2 and NMH have a lot in common - while NMH lacked the mobility and jumping combat of Gaiden, you were often busy fighting of several enemies at once and doing it FAST. While I can see your reasoning, gore is not what this is about.

... Ever seen the Gears of War chainsaw?!...

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lhXFsLMyWg

Pretty fast pased to me... Or do you mean F-zero style fast by fast-pased?!...

THE NETHERLANDS

Wordt nog eens wat... 9 weken vrije tijd XD...

THE NETHERLANDS

No, I'd rather them be on the other systems where they have a controller set up for it and have better tech for it.

Please. Think of the children.