By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: "Ninten-does what Sega don't!"

ph4nt said:
I think people are misinterpreting it.

He means only in style. They want to make Nintendo games, their own unique games, not copy from other companies like Sega.

We don't want our game to look like a Sega game, we want it to look like a Nintendo game, how is that offensive? he says nothing about Sega producing bad games, just different games.

^ this

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
fazz said:

I think that after this...

... Miyamoto has the right to pull that one on Sega...

LOL!

Well, you just have to forgive, I suppose. Sega was desperate.

Add that to how things are going on right now...

Average score 97.346%

Average score 46.679%

... and... yeah, I think I've made my point ^_^

Some of you are ridiculous. Seriously, grasping for straws aren't we? Anyhow, it wouldn't surprise me if some of this interview was lost in translation.  Not to mention, who can seriously come to Sega's defense with a nice list of anything recent?  I can't.

@MontanHatchet Only in this case we could perceive it in three different ways. rather in those cases(examples in my previous post) can only be perceived in one. The three ways are A He meant it and actually tells his developers not to do what sega does B He is joking C Ph$nt is right and he didn't mean it offensively rather they want games to be nintendo games and not rip offs of sega games.

fazz said:
MontanaHatchet said:
fazz said:

I think that after this...

... Miyamoto has the right to pull that one on Sega...

LOL!

Well, you just have to forgive, I suppose. Sega was desperate.

Add that to how things are going on right now...

Average score 97.346%

Average score 46.679%

... and... yeah, I think I've made my point ^_^

Don't make fun of sega they are getting back into the grove! I loved sega and always will....

Former something....

Around the Network

Also leo-j where is that other proof I asked for proving arrogance.

The cult of personality around him will mean that anything he says will be shot down as a joke etc. But who really cares at the end of the day? Sega are washed up and Nintendo still make some of the most critically acclaimed games in the world. The two companies were rivals for a very long time and this sort of stuff has gone back and forward between them before. Its nothing special and nothing new. People get pissed off over everything these days. Get a grip.

Shiggy did it for the lulz

"Like you know"

It's like when you try to write a song, and then an hour later you hear it on the radio, so you need to go back and change it to make it unique again.

Miyamoto wants Nintendo games to have that Nintendo style, and not accidentally change into Sega style games.

I don't even see this as a burn at all. I don't know why they gave it a burn of the day. In fact, I see it as a compliment to Sega, since Miyamoto was referencing their old kickass competition and how they tried to distance themselves from each other stylistically to win over gamers' hearts, minds, and dollars.

The R&C is not arrogance, Miyamoto is truly oblivious to most games as he actually isn't a gamer. I don't know how somebody who doesn't actually play games can be such a genius at making them but he is. So yeah, he was asking a genuine question when he said 'Is that a PC game?'.

I'm wondering with the SEGA quote whether he meant stylistically rather than as far as quality goes. Sega games have a different style to Nintendo games.
If he meant quality-wise then its arrogant but I'm not at all sure if thats what he meant.