By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question to PS3/360 owners about RE5 controller preference

I hope there's not a lot of shooting in the game (at least a lot less than in RE4) so I hope I don't miss it. It will be a bit of a struggle to return to dual analog, but I'm playing RE0 right now and that worked fine (auto aim!).

Seriously, I hope it won't be a 3rd person shooter and goes back to the roots: survival horror. I can play those with any controller.

Around the Network

didnt like the wii version of re 4
GC and ps2 version controls much better
plus thw wii version got rid of the laser sight
or maybe its just im not used to the wii. (Ive only played on a wii twice)

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

BengaBenga said:
I hope there's not a lot of shooting in the game (at least a lot less than in RE4) so I hope I don't miss it. It will be a bit of a struggle to return to dual analog, but I'm playing RE0 right now and that worked fine (auto aim!).

Seriously, I hope it won't be a 3rd person shooter and goes back to the roots: survival horror. I can play those with any controller.

It's been a while since I saw the trailer, but from what I remember I think you'll be disappointed then. I'll check it out again later.

@smiles123: There's no laser sighting because the aiming is independent of the camera. It wouldn't make sense to have a laser sight on the Wii version (at least I don't see the point). There's a crosshair though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

RE4 with the Wiimote is fantastic and anyone who disagrees is basically lying to themselves.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:
I was fine with RE4 on the PS2, so I'll be fine with RE4 on the PS360

That's not the question :P

I was fine with the PS2 controls of the game, so I'd be fine with the PS360's normal controllers of the game.

Why fix something that ain't broken?

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Example to prove my point. THe ps2s graphics were fine last gen, so the ps2s graphics should be fine this gen.

That's a damn poor example.

Graphics should improve with generations.  That's an obvious thing.  I would not be fine with PS2 graphics on this game.

DMeisterJ said:
sc94597 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Example to prove my point. THe ps2s graphics were fine last gen, so the ps2s graphics should be fine this gen.

That's a damn poor example.

Graphics should improve with generations.  That's an obvious thing.  I would not be fine with PS2 graphics on this game.

Controllers shouldn't improve? Wanna play RE5 with a NES controller? ;)

Anyway, you've made it clear you'd prefer to stick with normal controls. Your answer is given.

To me the shooting games on Wii have never felt natural. There is no way to look down the sights of the controller and have it line up with whats on the screen. If feels like a mouse game at this point.

I also found the RE Wii verson to be way to easy because of this.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

darklich13 said:
To me the shooting games on Wii have never felt natural. There is no way to look down the sights of the controller and have it line up with whats on the screen. If feels like a mouse game at this point.

I also found the RE Wii verson to be way to easy because of this.

Do you look at your controller while playing?

You said the Wii version is easy, which means you can shoot fine with it. Isn't that the point of controllers?

I must add to really answer your question that I hugely prefer the Wii version of RE4 over the Gamcube version. I prefer REmake over all RE's though (and over all other horror games for that matter).