By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is a bigger Franchise? God of War or Animal Crossing?

i have never played animal crossing so i cant say for sure which game is better, i have both god of war games on ps2 and they are fantastic, but comparing these two games is very weird they have nothing in common.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Does it sell better ? Yes . Does it move more systems ? Yes . AC seems to beat it .

But do I like it more ? NO ! Is it a higher quality game ? NO . Will it be abused more than GoW ? YES ! Can it be compared ? NO ... but still its my opinion so I can write whatever I want :)

Well, at least you understand the point of this thread. While many people see GoW as the better series, AC will most likely move more software and hardware. Therefore... AC is the bigger franchise.

*hands hunter a cookie*

(Not to say I don't love me some Animal Crossing )

Cougarman said:
i have never played animal crossing so i cant say for sure which game is better, i have both god of war games on ps2 and they are fantastic, but comparing these two games is very weird they have nothing in common.

I honestly dont know how such a terribe game made it to 9 million copies(IMO).(I own animal crossing DS.. because it had wifi one of the first games as well)

I dont even want to explain, if you have the game you'd know what Im talking about.

mM

It does not matter if a game sells consoles especially when we are talking about a game on the Wii. Hell the Wii itself sells consoles no game that comes out for it will ever be the sole reason a majority of people will pick up a Wii. God of War will sell PS3's because the PS3 doesn't sell itself and Sony needs games to sell the console (or Blu-ray).

A better comparison would be Resistance 2 or Gears 2. Because unlike Nintendo they (M$ and Sony) need games to sell their console.

Gobias said:

On the internet? God of War.

In real life? Animal Crossing.

Correct. Look, as others have pointed out, the last Animal Crossing game outsold God of War 1, God of War 2 and God of War PSP combined. There is no way to avoid this conclusion.

You're essential relying on intangible qualities like "influence" and "impact" to make your case. I personally think Animal Crossing is a vastly superior game. But you know what? I'm not basing my conclusions on that opinion that I happen to hold. I'm basing it on the fact that the franchise has absolutely destroyed GoWar in sales.

And yes, KingofWale, for the record, Mario and Sonic may well be a more important franchise than God of War, although having only one game in the series makes conclusions more difficult. I think a better example might be Mario Party. And absolutely, yes, no quesiton, Mario Party is a bigger franchise than God of War. I'm sorryif reality does not adhere to your personal beliefs. I wish Chess was the premier game advertised at the launch of every console, but alas, it's not. You can try what I did and clinch your eyes shut, ball up your fists, and yell "I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish..." over and over again, but I think you'll find, as I did, that to our dissapointment this behavior does not alter reality.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Cougarman said:

I honestly dont know how such a terribe game made it to 9 million copies(IMO).(I own animal crossing DS.. because it had wifi one of the first games as well)

I dont even want to explain, if you have the game you'd know what Im talking about.

Well reviewers don't feel the same seeing as the game has an average 86.3% on gamerankings.

Breaking news: Leo-J actually owns Animal Crossing and doesn't like it! Anybody else who owns it will know what he's talking about!

This just in: Rubang owns it too and has no fucking idea what Leo-J is rambling on about because he loved the game! He's also played God of War and thought it was a mindless button mashing load of crap!

Now we'll never know which game is "bigger" because people don't know how to compare bigger numbers to smaller numbers, and they want to confuse "bigger" with "better" and since Leo-J and Rubang-B disagree, what can this mean?

leo-j said:
This is stupid, just because the HAND HELD GAME sold 9 million copies DOESNT MEAN ITS A BIGGER GAME.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=81

Its not A BIGGER GAME, its not A BETTER GAME.

God of war is AAA and will move consoles, ANIMAL CROSSING DOES NOT MOVE CONSOLES.

It didnt move DS hardware, or GC hardware.

Proof? Oh wait you are just throwing out random fanboy nonsense. AC:WW sold way more than both GoW games combined on the PS2 with a smaller userbase. Odds are it has moved more consoles for it as a result. There is hardly any arguement I could even conceive to the contrary. GC vs PS2 games makes for a more interesting one, and becomes impossible to arrive at a definitive answer. Animal Crossing is a much bigger game though. Sales are the only real measure of game size, and AC wins easily.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

AC is a bigger franchise, it sold better on the GC than GoW on the PS2 with a lower install base on launch and lower install base at the end of the gen, AC sold a lot better than GoW... so AC is a bigger franchise... it doesn't matter if you like it or not...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Breaking news: Leo-J actually owns Animal Crossing and doesn't like it! Anybody else who owns it will know what he's talking about!

This just in: Rubang owns it too and has no fucking idea what Leo-J is rambling on about because he loved the game! He's also played God of War and thought it was a mindless button mashing load of crap!

Now we'll never know which game is "bigger" because people don't know how to compare bigger numbers to smaller numbers, and they want to confuse "bigger" with "better" and since Leo-J and Rubang-B disagree, what can this mean?

You win the thread.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com