By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is a bigger Franchise? God of War or Animal Crossing?

DMeisterJ said:
super_etecoon said:
DMeisterJ said:
super_etecoon said:
Bodhesatva said:
Strategyking92 said:
I was just saying, it's a miracle if a game sells 100k on that piracy machine.
(and greatest handheld created on the face of the earth ever by man)

Yeah, I'm really not blaming you or accusing you of anything. I'm just pointing out that I see these two arguments used in tandem all the time, and it effectively resolves any system or game of any blame if it sells poorly.

Your point is well taken.

absolves?

Jeez etecoon, this isn't english class.

What, do you have a degree in English or something?

Why would I ever bother getting a worthless degree like that?

Especially when you do construction for a living, you couldn't have a degree in English. You don't even know when to use "A" and "an".

I know you are right....SSJ12 has shown me the true light of AN TOASTER OVEN.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
super_etecoon said:
Bodhesatva said:

Yep, thanks for the correction, Etecoon.

Not meant to mock...just help.

And I appreciated it. Did I sound sarcastic somehow?

Nope.

Some people just get offended when you correct or help them with something like that.  I just wanted to make sure my intentions were clear.

Of course, you're the Love Mod...so I don't know why I was worried in the first place.

super_etecoon said:
DMeisterJ said:
super_etecoon said:
DMeisterJ said:
super_etecoon said:
Bodhesatva said:
Strategyking92 said:
I was just saying, it's a miracle if a game sells 100k on that piracy machine.
(and greatest handheld created on the face of the earth ever by man)

Yeah, I'm really not blaming you or accusing you of anything. I'm just pointing out that I see these two arguments used in tandem all the time, and it effectively resolves any system or game of any blame if it sells poorly.

Your point is well taken.

absolves?

Jeez etecoon, this isn't english class.

What, do you have a degree in English or something?

Especially when you do construction for a living, you couldn't have a degree in English. You don't even know when to use "A" and "an".

I know you are right....SSJ12 has shown me the true light of AN TOASTER OVEN.

See!

You mean "a" toaster oven.

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
super_etecoon said:

For your "a" and "an", I'll offer you the German equivalents: ein, eine, einer, eines, einem, einen. English is for newbies.

EDIT: For the post below me, I am pretty sure that ssj12 made that mistake.

Yup...and we still screw it up.

BTW...sorry to derail this thread.  I'll leave you now to discuss these two ridiculously different games.  I hope whoever made this thread is happy and gets to some point of closure.

DMeisterJ said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Either way, each God of War game has sold fewer copies than the one before it. If putting it on a PSP which doesn't sell software is part of the reason, that isn't my fault, and the numbers still stand. Understanding reasons for things doesn't justify them or make them any less true.

If Sony made a mistake in putting the next God of War game on the PSP, then that's Sony making a mistake.

If Nintendo made a genius masterstroke in putting the next Animal Crossing on the DS, then that's just Nintendo making a genius masterstroke.

As I said earlier, God of War 1 is still selling and when GoW2 gets to budget status, expect it to sell as long as God of War 1 did, and sell as well, if not better than the original.  (Quote me on this).

GoW1 sold a whole 927 last week (after 169 weeks), hardly the deal you're making it out to be.  AC after 132 weeks is selling 13x that amount.  And with the PS2 sales dropping with the convergence to the current gen, there's almost no chance of GoW2 selling nearly that long.  Do you really think people will still be buying GoW2 in the middle of 2010?  

Only reason its selling now is the tail end of last gen owner who are late adopters.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Strategyking92 said:
On the contrary, putting God of War on the psp was a great move. It helped the system, and sony got a hit game for their psp.

It wasn't a mistake, I'm just saying.
BTW* aren't animal crossing and GoW totally different games anyway?

It started with somebody saying sony won E3. And then soriku said no they didn't x franchise y franchise animal crossing are all bigger than GoW, and then Leo-J and others doubted him, and then soriku said make a thread about it then, and heere we are.

oh..... wth? so, I was on the pro-sony side? yuck.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
super_etecoon said:

For your "a" and "an", I'll offer you the German equivalents: ein, eine, einer, eines, einem, einen. English is for newbies.

EDIT: For the post below me, I am pretty sure that ssj12 made that mistake.

Of course, the truly hardcore speakers do Chinese or Russian. And the core within the core knows Latin.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Strategyking92 said:
sc94597 said:
Strategyking92 said:
On the contrary, putting God of War on the psp was a great move. It helped the system, and sony got a hit game for their psp.

It wasn't a mistake, I'm just saying.
BTW* aren't animal crossing and GoW totally different games anyway?

It started with somebody saying sony won E3. And then soriku said no they didn't x franchise y franchise animal crossing are all bigger than GoW, and then Leo-J and others doubted him, and then soriku said make a thread about it then, and heere we are.

oh..... wth? so, I was on the pro-sony side? yuck.

Yep. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=30660 It starts at the bottom of the third page and ends at the top of the third page.

DMeisterJ said:
Also, God of War PSP sales are going to pick up significantly soon. As the game is bundled with the PSP as of now. And is easily the best deal the PSP has had in a minute. 200 bucks for a PSP (170) Gow: CoO (40) Superbad on UMD (15) and Syphon Filter: Combat Ops (10).

Expect the sales of God of War PSP to stay elevated for a time to come, especially going into the holiday season.

When come this bundle?

I learned Spanish 'cuz it was easy and helpful where I lived, and then I moved up to Japanese because I was nuts, and now I'm giving up and going back to film and getting my degree within one year, because I'm almost done anyway. That's right, Rubang B is a failure and a quitter. But he makes movies!

Also, to anybody still in college with an open elective left, I highly recommend a linguistics class. It's awesome.

I love this thread's new direction.