By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "The playstation network is down"

back up... anything new?

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network
Scruff7 said:
back up... anything new?

They're probably preping the servers up for 2.40. It's going to have trophies, so they have to prepare the servers before they release the update.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

GodofWine said:
XGamer0611 said:
Normal maintanence? Sony didn't send an update to users? That is terrible, at least Microsoft sends out notices when XBL is going to be down for maintanence.

All Sony had to do was put the item in there news scroll.

Shame on Sony.

I don't like to bash companies, but Sony dropped the ball on this one.

It was announced. 

I'll never understand console fanatics. ever.   

When and where? Their website or blog doesn't count. If you take any part of a network down for any reason it must be announced where every one can see it. For example: If I have a company based website and I will be down for maintanence I must alert customers by email and on the site. The reason for the update on the site is that some customers might not check their email. So if parts of PSN were going to be down they should have had a message in the PS Store and the PSN news scroll. As a general rule a downtime notice must be sent at lease 48-72 hours in advance.

I didn't see one when on my PS3.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus