By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How do I get rid of FireFox 3?

I want to go back to FireFox 2.  I'm sure the security and whatnot is great in FF3 but it doesn't allow the All-in-One gesture add-on.  It has FireGestures which is *almost* the same except you can't gesture by just holding the scroll wheel, you have hold down the scroll wheel and right mouse button which is pretty stupid uncomfortable.

So does anyone know how I can get my FF2 back?

Around the Network

do you still have the exe/installer file for FF2?

If you do, you can simply uninstall FF3 and run the install for FF2 again. (I think)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Can you not just uninstall it (or go to remove programs), then re-install FF2 and if you were wise you had a folder with all of your plug-ins so you can just drop them back on.

No need. All-in-one works with FF3.

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/marc.boullet/ext/extensions-en.html

The latest version is later than the one in Mozilla Add-ons.

If I uninstall and reinstall though will I lose all my bookmarks and saved data? Reinstalling add-ons is simple, redoing all my bookmarks and saved stuff would be a pain.

Around the Network
Reatwesterm said:
If I uninstall and reinstall though will I lose all my bookmarks and saved data? Reinstalling add-ons is simple, redoing all my bookmarks and saved stuff would be a pain.

Read. My. Post.

Soleron said:
Reatwesterm said:

Read. My. Post.

You hadn't posted when I wrote my post so no need to get snipp

And thanks

twesterm said:
Soleron said:
Reatwesterm said:

Read. My. Post.

You hadn't posted when I wrote my post so no need to get snipp

And thanks

Keep Firefox, but if ever you want to save your bookmaks, saved data, etc (such as when reinstalling your OS from scratch):

Bookmarks - Organize Bookmarks - Import and Backup - Backup

My firefox 3 is very unstable... freezing every 5 minutes... I will go back to Firefox 2 too

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

http://www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_1.html

This site seems pretty informational. I just read through a bit of that guide, It tells you much of what you want to know.

This is invisible text!