By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So who else has played Brave Fencer Musashi for PS1 (Square game, btw)?

Soriku said:

Most epic quote in game:

Most innovative boss battle in game:

Boring..............

Around the Network

i played it four about 5 hours, very good rpg, everyone should give it a try.

It is a good game, not as great as Soriku said. It is rare to see a game that gives you the title of "Little Turd". I recommend it for those who wanna know about the time SE made original, above average, non remake games.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Yep. I absolutely loved the game.

If I remember correctly the whole thing was pretty campy, and the voice acting left something to be desired, but overall it was a really fun game. I wish Square still made games like this.

CIHYFS?

Around the Network

I played it once or twice, but not enough to remember it.

I remember the game being fun; the style is also a bit reminiscent of the Goemon games, which I was/am a big fan of. Calling the designs some of Nomura's best, however, would suggest that there are actual good designs to compare them to. This would be a false assumption. ;)

Also, Insomniac didn't "sell" the rights to the Spyro IP; they did not own them to begin with.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

yes i played it and its one of my favorite if not favorite ps1 game

I mainly bought the game for the FF8 demo at the time, but I remember enjoying the game quite a bit.  The OST for the game was awesome and I still listen to it to this date.  I also remember feeling like the town was alive because of the day-to-night transitions in the game.  I never beat the game though. I think I started to get frustrated in some Ice dungeon (can't remember exactly anymore).

I never bothered to buy the new one that came out on PS2 because I was already pretty annoyed with Square's games by then.

When its on the PS STORE I will try it out, not download ROMS..

mM