By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RROD is in the past, why won't you buy an Xbox 360?

I call hoax, my friend was playing ace combat yesterday and got rrod, he said it was cool how it just froze in the middle of the screen and his controller kept vibrating.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

I wont buy a 360 because of the company that was responsible for the research and development of it. I work hard for my money and i'm not going to waste it on a shoddy product.

if it takes 2 years for them to release a half way decent console.. well why bother, this gen is half over...

I bought a ps3 and yes it was worth every cent, i also bought a wii and yes it was worth it too, whenever i see a 360 in a store i get sick... to think a company like microsoft can swindle the entirety of the us population is just insane.

To be honest RRoD doesn't really bother me, The main two things that bother me are:

1.) I don't like the idea of having to pay $50 a year to play online. While LIVE is definitely better than PSN, it gets the job done for me at a much lower price (FREE)

2.) My router is too far away from the HDTV and i would need to be running insanely long cords through the house, so wireless is a must. The official add-on is $100 and I know there are other ways of doing it for a lower price, but I would like to know it would work and get the official MS add-on. So that jacks up the price of the 360 for me another $100

Well the 360 does have quite a few game that interest me (GeOW, Halo 3, Alan Wake) but right now I'm very happy with my PS3.

In the future I guess free LIVE would be a HUGE plus for me and would help sway me, and a price cut wouldn't hurt either :P

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

1. too many games to backtrack for the ps3
2. too many games coming out too fast
3. not enough cash to go around

bottom line...not enough moneh

I don´t buy it because the lack of games that interest me.

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:
TheRealMafoo said:
If MS wants to sell more 360's, they need to lower the price.

PC's are now a lot more powerful, and for the price of a 360, you can get a good PC. 90% of all the 360 games can be played on a PC.

If MS has more exclusive 360 games, I think it would have a better shot of selling well.

I think it's more like 25% percent

Let's look at the system sellers:

• Halo
  • BioShock
  • Mass Effect
  • Gears of war
  • Oblivion
  • COD4
  • DMC4
  • GTA

6 out of those 8 can be bought on the PC, and only 1 is completly exclusve to the 360 (Halo).

I only wish to play a few RPGs and would only be looking for a used cheap console... so yes, RROD is still very much a fear for me.

Bunch of lame jibber jabber on this site. Oh no XBox Live is not free. Waaaah, waaah...Live costs $50 a year. Well my rent costs me $11,400 a year. I guess I could not eat breakfast once a month to make up for it.

Haha, well said, Jagged

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

you asked for peoples opinion and you got it. oh and as long as you put the 360 behind the TV you wont hear it.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139