By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Gameasutra Article (about VGC) story is on Kotaku

You have to keep in mind that nothing like VGC has ever been attempted. There will be hiccups at first, but the methodology is always improving.

I'm still very impressed by this site.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network

Agreed. If a wall street analyst thinks vgchartz is useful and used it to come to market conclusions (that he would not have come to as quickly using other sources) then why do we care what some game "journalists" think? IMO let them say what they want. I'll take the paid market professional.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

the first responses were better than I expected, and even McWhertor's opinion.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

VGC fixes the errors it makes as well as it can, and that is an extremely important thing to factor in. While more recent things might not be as exact, (even if they are still pretty close) as the information gets older, it gets more accurate. This is what I've noticed at least.

Vgchartz software data is always so way off that it's hard to take anything on here seriously at least sales wise. So this isn't that surprising.