By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers!! Was the GTA4 exclusive DLC worth the $50.000.000.00??

*bleu-ocelot* said:
After GTA4 came out,many expressed a dislike for the game and subsequently either sold it or don't care to play it.My question; can the DLC really be a big hit-what could make it big? and will Microsoft ever recoup that 50 million dollars? With the release of the 1st DLC rumored to hit early next year,at the latest.I doubt many will care by then.I don't think Microsoft predicted the game to be lackluster in the eyes of gamers,or even realise it is. ^^Discuss.

As always game discussion is dominated by the very vocal minority. The "many" you speak of are almost certainly a very small minority of gamers who bought the game.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network

the DLC will be worth it. The game was incredible to begin with and getting extra content long after beating the game makes it worth the effort to play through whatever new stuff you get.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Shameless said:
After having played through the unreleased and unknown downloadable content multiple times, I'd say definitely.

My question was-will the game be worth replaying by the time the DLC comes out.2009?

Where are you getting 09 from? I'm almost 100% sure I saw it advertised on the window of HMV that DLC will be out Autumn 08. 

EDIT: Thinking about it, it seems daft for MS to wait so long to release DLC so late.  Wouldn't it be best to capitalise on GTA4's popularity early(ish) and sway potential PS3 customers towards the 360 early on.

the game is a masterpiece...

Slimebeast said:
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=30505

This is not a personal attack.I'm just asking a harmless question.

Around the Network

id have to say NO.. i got tired of this game pretty quickly.. i fell for the hype i guess... havent beat the game.. online got boring.. so no need for DLC here if i get bored of the core game.

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

EggsWithLegs said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Shameless said:
After having played through the unreleased and unknown downloadable content multiple times, I'd say definitely.

My question was-will the game be worth replaying by the time the DLC comes out.2009?

Where are you getting 09 from? I'm almost 100% sure I saw it advertised on the window of HMV that DLC will be out Autumn 08. 

Duh.advertisment.Why would they say 09?

Picko said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
After GTA4 came out,many expressed a dislike for the game and subsequently either sold it or don't care to play it.My question; can the DLC really be a big hit-what could make it big? and will Microsoft ever recoup that 50 million dollars? With the release of the 1st DLC rumored to hit early next year,at the latest.I doubt many will care by then.I don't think Microsoft predicted the game to be lackluster in the eyes of gamers,or even realise it is. ^^Discuss.

As always game discussion is dominated by the very vocal minority. The "many" you speak of are almost certainly a very small minority of gamers who bought the game.

Go to any forum and mention GTA4.It is synomanous with disappointment.The internet is not a minority.

I cant imagine the DLC being anything special... Microsoft just threw a load of money at Rockstar so that they could say.....

"hey gamers, not only is GTA4 on our console as well, but we've secured....some sort of extra stuff baby! We have no idea what it is but....FUCK YEAH! WOOOOOO! Suck my balls sony!"

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

MS has still been saying the DLC is scheduled for Fall 08 (original date), but R* has already issued their statement that it's not going to be available until early 09.

Either MS didn't get the memo, or they know something the developers who created the game and extra content don't.

In all seriousness, I really couldn't see anyone but the most die hard GTA fans paying for the extra content, even if it did make the original Fall 08 distribution time hack. Especially if it is being priced at $30, putting it on par with an expansion like Shivering Isles for Oblivion.

At best, the 360 version could see a modest bump in sales when the DLC finally becomes available. Seeing as how there should be some premium new 360 titles available this Fall (GoW2), essentially, that's what the DLC would be competing with.

MS would almost be better off re-releasing the game as a GotY edition with the extra content.