By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Man shot with crossbow (possibly deserved it)

wfz said:
Pit Bulls and Labradors are extremely different dogs....what the hell?

After some quick research I found that PitBulls have been illegal in Lincoln, Nebraska since 2006. Meaning if the younger guy reported the dog owner, he would have to get rid of his dog or move. I would hate to make that choice too.

http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=015062

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:
wfz said:
Pit Bulls and Labradors are extremely different dogs....what the hell?

After some quick research I found that PitBulls have been illegal in Lincoln, Nebraska since 2006. Meaning if the younger guy reported the dog owner, he would have to get rid of his dog or move. I would hate to make that choice too.

http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=015062

First off, it was the younger guy's dog, not the older guy's. =P

Anyways, that's interesting..thanks for finding that information. I wonder why they are illegal..are they the only breed of dogs that are illegal there?

Dogs Rule said:

Meaning if the younger guy reported the dog owner, he would have to get rid of his dog or move.

The younger guy was the dog owner

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Should've shot the pitbull-lab mix. That's just disturbing.

You're right, I am wrong. :) I only skimmed the article and the only situation that made sense would be where the shooter crossbowman was afraid to lose his dog. So the younger guy is an ass to be argueing that his dog is illegal. My bet is he was tricked into buying an over priced lab.

@WTZ Many jurisdictions ban pitbulls because well to do city councils don't realize that any dog has the potential to be good or bad depending on how they are raised. Unfortunately, many pitbulls are raised by the wrong people, bite someone and make the whole breed look bad when the really it is that it's the owner and breeder's faults. EDT: And Pitbulls usually are the only banned breeds.

BY the way, the shot missed. And why was the younger guy apologizing? For insisting that his dog was a different breed?

Here is the origial news source:

http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/20657104.html
Police were called to a Lincoln apartment complex near 30th and Apple Streets after a man allegedly shot at his neighbor with a crossbow, according to Officer Katie Flood.

Police say 49-year-old Carlos Lupercio got into an argument with his 25-year-old neighbor about the breed of the man’s dog Saturday evening. The owner said the dog was a pit bull, but Lupercio said it was a lab.

After the argument, police say Lupercio went into his apartment and returned with a black crossbow pistol, Flood said.

The neighbor tried to extend his hand out for an apology. That's when Carlos shot the crossbow, missing the man and hitting a tree. The man was only two or three feet away when Lupercio allegedly fired, Flood said.

Police were later called and Lupercio was arrested for making terrostic threats, use of a weapon to commit a felony, resisting arrest and discharge of a weapon in city limits.

Police say alcohol may have been a factor in the incident.

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:

And why was the younger guy apologizing?

It was probably a heated discussion that involved them both saying some rude things.  So he likely thought he would be the bigger man.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

aha this is a funny situation. I hope he gets 25 years, no parole!