By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the Wii ever outsell the PS360?

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Skeeuk said:

i think wii will eventually start dropping off in the coming years

I agree,but I think it will start to drop off much sooner.Like 2009.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

Back to the old 50% marketshare argument...

Yeah, I think it will hit 50% this year (probably just before Xmas) - but no way to know if it will stay over 50%. It will almost certainly lose marketshare over Xmas (like last year), but maybe less so if Ninty have the supply issue more under control.

Its at 46% now, and generally outselling both consoles combined weekly - so its not a huge stretch to imagine it could outsell both (combined) for the next 4-5 months.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

So the Ps3 will drop off in 09 as well. (bleu, how in high heaven will the Wii drop off in 09 when it's monthly production will stay at 2.4 mil the entire year and might raise higher? If Nintendo keeps production at 2.4 mil the entire year, the Wii should sell 28.8 mil and have the 2nd highest year sales of any game console/handheld. (getting bested by ds's last years mega numbers..)

Yet again, you still claim 'Wii will lose" without using any data and just your bs. Use facts next time.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius