By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Look: SimCity Creator built ground up for wii! IGN

I will most likely get this regardless of price. Sim city was the whole reason I bought a SNES. In terms of value for money the Sim City games will come in well up the list as if you get in to it you will be playing for 50 hours +. Some of my other full price games can struggle for game play after about 25 hours ( BWii II I wish it was longer )

Around the Network

good idea but graphics are mediocre

I am sure that an HD console could do a better job in the graphics department -- but they should.

I am not sure they could do a better job in the control department.

First day purchase for me.

Mike from Morgantown

Who still needs to play the original SimCity for the C64 that he borrowed.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

playnext3 said:
good idea but graphics are mediocre

This is not necessarily a bad thing (although I personnaly find these graphics more than acceptable):

It must be remembered that, in real-time management game, before the graphics, there are many algorithms, very voracious in memory and computing time, running to manage the simulation itself (growth of the city, impact of the different parameters such as pollution, traffic and others on the different parts of the city etc.).

Most of the SimCity's players know that the bigger the city gets, the slower the game run.

So, the quality of graphics comes directly at the expense of comfort of use, and the quality and depth of the gameplay.

Now, to talk about the game itself, I think I'll wait until I have more detailed information on the gameplay before I pronouce myself. (But right now, it looks well).

Wonder of this game will showcase in this Nintendo's E3 conference. It will be a good thing at last, a new way to use the wiimote other than waggle fest.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg