By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - blu ray or downloading.. maybe neither

Does anybody see this competing with blu-ray if blu-ray takes over as the main format?

Around the Network

There is already a TB blu-ray disc in development, therefore this has no chance.

Not to mention blu-ray is HD, while this disc isnt.

mM

Wow, that's nice.......But what would be the use really? I mean I don't think any game/movie/file etc. is going to be anywhere near 1TB maybe not even half....Well, they could probably use it as an assortment of movies or something like that..(ie put several HD quality films on 1 disc)

I prefer Blu-Ray to all current formats.

That will be amazing. Coming to a store near you in 2029. I hear it will come bundled with my pet Terminator.

Around the Network

bye bye bye Tech UK

Time to Work !

@leo-j - You don't need a HD disc, what's all that crap about? It's just that DVDs can't be used for HD content for two reasons:

- The size of a DVD disc wouldn't be big enough to contain all of the content.
- The standards for DVD means that most DVD drives (for movie playing) would not be fast enough to read the higher bitrates (or whatever it's called).

DVD discs themselves are perfectly capable of "being HD"

supermariogalaxy said:
Wow, that's nice.......But what would be the use really? I mean I don't think any game/movie/file etc. is going to be anywhere near 1TB maybe not even half....Well, they could probably use it as an assortment of movies or something like that..(ie put several HD quality films on 1 disc)

Entire seasons of TV shows in HD on one disc.

True uncompressed 7.1 audio.

Eventual support for higher (movie-theater-quality) HD resolutions.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

@Leo-j
What the hell are you talking about kid? HD stands for high definition, ergo greater amount of pixels on screen (roughly speaking) which in turn results in a greater space usage, that's the only limit to be frank. Encoding such a disc which utilizes HD proporties/functionswould be easy as pie, no sweat.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

supermariogalaxy said:
Wow, that's nice.......But what would be the use really? I mean I don't think any game/movie/file etc. is going to be anywhere near 1TB maybe not even half....

today.

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.