By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get the PS3 or a 360?

Have some cash as of now, and was wondering what you guys would all suggest. I would like to see some of the pro and cons of owning each. Also, it would be usefull if one of you who own both could tell me which you prefer and why.

I like RPGs, Sports, Platform, Some FPSs(like COD or Goldeneye)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Get yourself a PS3 unless you badly need to play Halo 3 or Gears of War 2.

i think a 360 would suit you best.

it won't break the bank. has lot's of rpg's, sports games play better on the 360. but of course there is the potential rrod, and the fact you have to pay to play online.

ps3 is solid as well, and the media features are better in my opinion. but i just don't see you enjoying it.

You've been on these forums long enough to have 1,000+ posts.

If you don't already know more than enough about both consoles to make an informed decision then nothing we say can possibly help you.

I can't help but wonder if this is flamebait for a console fight...

Anywho, make a list of the games you want for each console.  Go with the one that has more.

Judging by your taste in games, probably a 360.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network

WRPG - 360

JRPG - PS3

Sports - same

Platform - LBP vs Banjo

FPS - 360

Unless you love certain PS franchise(s), I would go for the 360.

GT5 is very tempting for me. The main reason I am considering a 360 is the lower price. Also even though I don't want Blu- ray right now, I may in the future. I am also in FF13, but I am not convinced MS did not buy off the rights for that...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Words Of Wisdom said:

I can't help but wonder if this is flamebait for a console fight...

^ditto

but id go for ps3, although its still worth getting a 360, wii is weakest for gaming but still good for a game now and then

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

bigjon said:

Have some cash as of now, and was wondering what you guys would all suggest. I would like to see some of the pro and cons of owning each. Also, it would be usefull if one of you who own both could tell me which you prefer and why.

I like RPGs, Sports, Platform, Some FPSs(like COD or Goldeneye)

Well, IMO PS3 has the best overall games and game lineup for the future. On the 360, the variety is not as good...because most of the great games are FPSs. Also, ps3 has some of the best of each category: RPG: Final Fantasy series, Sports: MLB 08, NBA 08 (IMO 2k series is better for basketball), Platform: Ratchet and Clank series and Jak and Dexter Series, Stealth Shooter: MGS4 (obviously), FPS: Resistance, Resistance 2(upcoming), Killzone 2, and Socom...so I would go as far as saying the PS3 is just as good as the 360 in FPSs

RPGs - Xbox 360

Sports - Xbox 360

Platform - Wii (other consoles don't have any good platformers)

Some FPSs - Xbox 360

Looks like you need to get yourself an Xbox 360 mate.