By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 question?

*bleu-ocelot* said:
What does the bandanna do?

Infinite ammo.

Around the Network

I wouldn't consider that as cheating. Do you restart game from the beginning or from a save point? I haven't beat the game w/out any alerts.

The strategy guide tells you to save often. I'd love to see a speed run posted online of someone not saving. That emblem should be "The Biggest Boss Ever."

Mirson said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Infinite ammo.

Does it still require you to reload? You pretty much have infinite ammo already with Drebin.

windbane said:
Mirson said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Infinite ammo.

Does it still require you to reload? You pretty much have infinite ammo already with Drebin.

Yeah, you still have to reload.

Around the Network
JBoogie said:

If you are going for a no alert game and you continuously restart the game every time you get caught would you count that as cheating? My friend says thats the only way since you would need perfection otherwise but I view it as lying to yourself. What do you think? Has anyone done it w/o restarting?

I'm sure someone has been able to do that, but that someone isn't me. I don't think it's cheating to restart a level in order to get the no kill, no alert, no continue, no health items. There are a couple levels, in particular, that would make a no restart in order to accomplish this feat absolutely brutal.

Yakuzaice said:

I wouldn't say it is cheating.  And would you really restart the game every time you got spotted?

Kind of off topic, but have you gone for a no kill game?  If so how do you get past (in Act 2) the two guys in those suits while you are on Drebin's truck (when you go by the mansion).  I tried stun grenades, the pistol, and the rifle, but none of them would stun or put them to sleep.  Otacon kept telling me small arms fire won't work, so I just killed them.

The Saiga-12 with V-rings does the trick nicely. You have a dance around a bit in order to not get your health chewed up, and don't forget to use CQC now and then to clear off the truck, but four or five well placed V-Rings will be enough to take them out of commission.

if you need no kills wait for them to move to the truck (them= power suit people) then Drebin will drive on. 

(:>])-I<

(:>])-I<

king_of_the_castle said:
I wouldn't consider it cheating, seems almost impossible to go the whole way without an alert, but I'm sure there's someone out there who can/will do it.

Are you talking about just dying and continuing, or restarting the whole game? I normally try to just die and continue, but in the beginning of the game the enemies are so bad, I usually had to blow myself up with the RPG or something so it didn't take forever.

You do know you can press START |> , go to save and select 'Exit To Main Menu', right?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Look on youtube for the speedrun on the highest difficulty where the guy completes the game under 5 hours with no kills and no alerts.

I want to meet him. And caress him

(or her...whatever)

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot