By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CoD: World at War will be the best shooter on Wii, co-op/multiplayer confir

Already posted

Around the Network

You beat me to it

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Zapper support is great!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=191456

COD 5 Wii zapper support confirmed

The Wii version of Call of Duty: World at War will boast a control option designed specifically for the Wii Zapper, Treyarch confirmed to CVG.

Senior producer Noah Heller said that the Wii version is being worked on by a dedicated in-house team. "It's a special team at Treyarch - not some out-sourced team. Not some group living in another country. These guys live, eat and breathe Wii," he said. No sniggering at the back.

He went on: "They're doing a lot of control work and developing a lot of special technology to make sure you're able to find the enemy as quickly as possible, and we'll be supporting the Zapper."

He didn't explain exactly how the controls will work this way, but did acknowledge that, with just three buttons at your disposal when using the Zapper, getting a good control system using it is a challenge.

"We'll be showing the Wii [version] soon," said Heller. That means E3 to us.

FishyJoe said:
Zapper support is great!

For some reason, I can't stand the Zapper. The Perfect Shot, on the other hand, is Bliss in a plastic shell.

As for the developer hype: while I'm fairly confident that Treyarch will deliver, I think we should wait until we've seen some gameplay before getting excited. There have been plenty of developers promising their game will be great, but the results are pretty hit-and-miss. Still, it'd be nice to have a better version of Medal of Honor for the Wii.

I hope the zapper support is a side quest or something. The zapper is great for on rail shooters but not so great for FPS controls.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.