By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What the Hell Paper Mario

I played the first two paper mario's and loved them. So i picked up Super Paper Mario and hated it. Why whould they change Paper Mario after the first two were awesome?

Around the Network

i don't know i like Super Paper mario

The game was originally scheduled for the Gamecube. Then they decided to put it on the Wii... Tacked on some motion-controlls and made the design so that it would be 'fun' in combination with the wii-mote.

I think it sucks too! And the intro takes forever! Haven't played the game since because I TOTALLY didn't like the style!

THE NETHERLANDS

I liked it. What did't you guys like about it? My only complaint is that it was a bit too wordy.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I liked the combat in The Thousand-Year Door better.

Around the Network
Wiitard448 said:
I liked the combat in The Thousand-Year Door better.

I can see that. To me Super Paper Mario is more of a throwback to the original Super Mario Bros. games and I loved those when they came out. Maybe its because I'm older. :)

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

It was a great platformer, but a poor rpg. It was ok, but not as good as other games in the series.

Perhaps, Super Paper Mario cross the line too far into platforming and not enough RPG.
Can't really satisfy everyone.

To me The Thousand-Year Door was the best in the series and to see the next game branch so far away from it. Just makes me confused why they changed it.

What everyone is saying is true. SPM is more of a platformer. It all depends on which you prefer. Either the platforming or RPG aspects are more important to you. I liked the fact that it was a classic platformer and hope that Wario Shake Land is similar. Let's face it though. All of the Paper Mario games are good.