By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - We need changes here - Fanboy threads/personal attacks OUT OF CONTROL

Squilliam said:
GlingGling said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Honestly, I'm just too tired right now to think about it all. Bod is the only other mod on right now and he moderates lightly. Frankly, we should just be adding new mods every time the rest of us lose ambition, which seems to be the case here.

I'd like to throw my name in for that short list.

I'll second Zen for mod nomination. While he has strong opinions he has a lot of common sense.

Me too. Hes a cool poster, quite reasonable.

I only use two. This one and Beyond3d.

Ah.  Beyond3D is full of a lot of developers and tech guys, right?  Yeah, I could see that being a pretty mature place.

Around the Network

Yes, the forums need some work, as does the moderating staff...

Lots of people tread the line between "trolling" and "opinion" far too much, that should be banned or at least warned.

and the threads made to cause offence that really need to stop.

Yes threads that are intended to cause offence in an Internet Forum: the audacity. Who would have thought. I think we should censor them all and only allow "good" threads.

PS But I cannot pour sarcasm into this thread without gratulating you for your William Shattner avatar. Classic Enterprise for the win.

Whoops, wrong thread.

Kyros said:
and the threads made to cause offence that really need to stop.

Yes threads that are intended to cause offence in an Internet Forum: the audacity. Who would have thought. I think we should censor them all and only allow "good" threads.

I think he's talking about things such as obvious knee-jerk reactions from fanboys. For examples, see some threads by Rock_on_2008 (although at times I think he's a parody of a Sony fan, but still).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

@NJ5 - Confirmed.

Look at that "Sony takes a lesson from the Wii" thread, ask yourself this:

Do I want more of these?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
If I was a moderator all I'd have to do is ban Starcraft - instant respect. I bet a lot of people think we're lovers or something. :)

I nominate NJ5 - I think he'd be a good mod. Shio/Sqrl are also very good and very even handed. There are a few more, but they come to mind first. Oh yea Epsilon! That cat is so full of win it'd scare the trolls away.

BLASHPEMY!!!

But funny because its true.

Rightly or wrongly, if a mod permabanned me the Sony fanboys would love them for life.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Squilliam said:
@NJ5 - Confirmed.

Look at that "Sony takes a lesson from the Wii" thread, ask yourself this:

Do I want more of these?

Yes. I bumped that thread once and will not reply to it. What a troll like that wants is attention. It's better off just to ignore them and let the mods do their job.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Well, this will happen every time the community grows, new trolls, new flame threads, etc, as Montana said, some mods eventually get tired and probably the site need another couple of mods... (I'm not criticizing your job mods, but I know that this job can become tiresome)...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
CAL4M1TY said:
Too right Squilliam. Two things that need to change:

1) Random Troll posts in threads that just want to incite anger

2) Retaliating with equally negative/sarcastic posts in response to the original post that is being replied to (I know I've done this a few times).

Let's just stop with the trolling for one, and then the just as bad reply or the "you've been reported" post, you hit the report this post button, now leave it to the mods.

I especially agree with the troll posts. People are allowed to say what they want, where they want and on what forum they want. It's pretty much the right to free speech.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison