By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty: World at War will be the best shooter on Wii(WOAH)

I really hope this game has online multiplayer (competitive, I don't care about co-op). I'm a bit sick of playing PC FPSs online, analog sticks suck for aiming (neither fun nor good), and it's high time a good online Wii shooter appears. I want to kick some half-a-world-away ass with the Wiimote.

If Activision doesn't put in online multiplayer on the Wii version, they're leaving my money on the table.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
I really hope this game has online multiplayer (competitive, I don't care about co-op). I'm a bit sick of playing PC FPSs online, analog sticks suck for aiming (neither fun nor good), and it's high time a good online Wii shooter appears. I want to kick some half-a-world-away ass with the Wiimote.

If Activision doesn't put in online multiplayer on the Wii version, they're leaving my money on the table.

Well the conduit might be good. When is this suppose to release?

NJ5 said:

MOHH2 is a really good shooter online for the Wii. The online is good and there are always plenty of people playing. The only problem is that the online is region locked. Also, Activision is way to good at making money to not make this game online.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

sc94597 said:
NJ5 said:

I am not getting hyped on a game from a mediocre developer, no matter how well they know how to hype it. I'm hoping it's good, but letting my hopes rest.

According to a source at Wikipedia, it releases in Q1 2009.

@amp316: I was going to buy it, but was not impressed by what I've heard. Maybe I'll rent it and give it a try.

NJ5 said:
sc94597 said:
NJ5 said:

I am not getting hyped on a game from a mediocre developer, no matter how well they know how to hype it. I'm hoping it's good, but letting my hopes rest.

According to a source at Wikipedia, it releases in Q1 2009.

@amp316: I was going to buy it, but was not impressed by what I've heard. Maybe I'll rent it and give it a try.

So it's releasing around the same time as the condiut? I wonder which will be better. We should see by how good their wiiware titles are.

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
sc94597 said:

I said "one" of.

Erm - I wouldn't even put it in the Top-100 most trolling comments...     ...so my point stands, you're exaggerating. :P

I guess your right. I did exaggerate a bit.

So this thread is still going on? Simply because the developer say a hint about the Wii doesnt mean its the whole focus of the interview. Anyone even read the whole interview? I didnt read the whole interview I admit because from the first page alone the interview was more focus on the 360/ps3 versions than the Wii, of course theres the Wii version but its not the main point of the interview. The main point was the game itself and how COD 5 can outmatch COD 4. Thats it.

And anyone noticed that the hint was only one paragraph? With all of the paragraph and sentences thats in the interview the only thing that saying on the Wii version was just one paragraph. Its not even half of a paragraph its 1/8 of a paragraph.

Its like Factor 5 saying "we will make the graphics of the Wii just as like the 360/ps3 version." After that we never heard of them. After gamebryo engine, quantum engine, TOS 2, Star Wars FU, Fatal Frame 4, Deadly Creatures, etc... we never care anymore what Factor 5was instore for us.

I mean, wheres the screenshots of COD 5 for the Wii? WHERE? The debut trailer of COD5 was for the 360/ps3 version and its already been released. But wheres the Wii version? If there are screenshots all along or atleast a video of it we should know right? Atleast a member will make a thread about how good are the graphics of COD5 on the Wii and link us a screenshots. But where is that? NONE.

Sorry but I still dont get it why gonintendo make this as a news. Just read the whole interview, theres nothing Wii related about it, simply because the developer hinted about the Wii version doesnt mean Wii owners should happy about it.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

sc94597 said:

So it's releasing around the same time as the condiut? I wonder which will be better. We should see by how good their wiiware titles are.

Maybe I misunderstood your question? I checked on the release date for conduit (Q1 09), not Call of Duty 5. Call of Duty 5 is supposed to be out in Autumn according to Eurogamer, which is really cool if it has the features we're hoping for.

great news.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

yushire said:

So this thread is still going on? Simply because the developer say a hint about the Wii doesnt mean its the whole focus of the interview. Anyone even read the whole interview? I didnt read the whole interview I admit because from the first page alone the interview was more focus on the 360/ps3 versions than the Wii, of course theres the Wii version but its not the main point of the interview. The main point was the game itself and how COD 5 can outmatch COD 4. Thats it.

And anyone noticed that the hint was only one paragraph? With all of the paragraph and sentences thats in the interview the only thing that saying on the Wii version was just one paragraph. Its not even half of a paragraph its 1/8 of a paragraph.

Its like Factor 5 saying "we will make the graphics of the Wii just as like the 360/ps3 version." After that we never heard of them. After gamebryo engine, quantum engine, TOS 2, Star Wars FU, Fatal Frame 4, Deadly Creatures, etc... we never care anymore what Factor 5was instore for us.

I mean, wheres the screenshots of COD 5 for the Wii? WHERE? The debut trailer of COD5 was for the 360/ps3 version and its already been released. But wheres the Wii version? If there are screenshots all along or atleast a video of it we should know right? Atleast a member will make a thread about how good are the graphics of COD5 on the Wii and link us a screenshots. But where is that? NONE.

Sorry but I still dont get it why gonintendo make this as a news. Just read the whole interview, theres nothing Wii related about it, simply because the developer hinted about the Wii version doesnt mean Wii owners should happy about it.

Speak for yourself, they know the wii's hardware more than anybody else (excluding nintendo). They did amazing things with the Gamecube TEVS, and I want to see what they are doing with the wii's.