By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty: World at War will be the best shooter on Wii(WOAH)

NJ5 said:
sc94597 said:
Chrizum said:
Wait, the Wii version has online? Proof?

Well he said it's suppose to be just as good as the ps360 versions. So there is your proof.

It's better than that. The GoNintendo article specifically states:

"Mr. Heller also re-confirmed that we will be getting co-op and multiplayer on the Wii version"

It doesn't say "online" though, now does it? I'm pretty sure the Wii version won't have an online component. Check this out:

Activision has confirmed the newest instalment in the Call of Duty series will feature an online co-op mode for up to four players.

That goes for the Xbox 360, PS3 or PC versions, which will also offer two-player split-screen co-op. The Wii game will have its own "unique" two-player co-op mode.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=158261

Around the Network

Is it confirmed that the Wii version will have local multiplayer? I prefer that over online play any day.

If it doesn't have everything the ps360 versions have I'm not getting it. Unless it has some wii specific mode that I care about.  I will most likely get pc version then.

Let's hope the wii version gets a bit more effort put into it this time around.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Chrizum said:
NJ5 said:

It's better than that. The GoNintendo article specifically states:

"Mr. Heller also re-confirmed that we will be getting co-op and multiplayer on the Wii version"

It doesn't say "online" though, now does it? I'm pretty sure the Wii version won't have an online component. Check this out:

Activision has confirmed the newest instalment in the Call of Duty series will feature an online co-op mode for up to four players.

That goes for the Xbox 360, PS3 or PC versions, which will also offer two-player split-screen co-op. The Wii game will have its own "unique" two-player co-op mode.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=158261

That's true, but I find it hard to believe that the "multiplayer" in the Wii version is local network multiplayer... Split-screen multiplayer doesn't make sense in a FPS! We'll see.

EDIT - I read the article, it doesn't talk about non-co-op multiplayer in any specific version either. Nothing's clear for now, except that the Wii version won't have 4-player online co-op.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
sc94597 said:
OriGin said:
I think this is probably fair or accurate, but it's just a simple way of saying 'the xbox 360 and playstation 3 version's are gonna suck'

That is one of the most trollish posts I've ever seen.

You've got over 5000+ posts and this is the most trollish post you've ever seen?!?!?!? It's trolling, no doubt - but I've seen FAR worse...       :P

...trolling just the same though, so knock it off Origin.

I said "one" of.

Mono sound confirmed.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

The Wii version is the only one I'm even considering! Also, I highly doubt the coop is limited to online--what would be the point of coop if you can't talk to each other?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Maybe 3rd parties are taking the wii seriously now

perculator said:
Maybe 3rd parties are taking the wii seriously now

Japnese ones have been starting to support the wii alot. Western ones not so much.