By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty: World at War will be the best shooter on Wii(WOAH)

EHSTEVE said:

I have a question. How couldn't the game support the wii zapper? correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it just a plastic case so that you can hold the the wii-remote and nunchuck more like a gun?

"Mr. Heller also re-confirmed that we will be getting co-op and multiplayer on the Wii version. On top of this, other already-known facts were stated, such as Zapper support."

I think its like a special mode where you play the game like an on-rail shooter.

Around the Network

I'll probably buy the 360 version, if I decide to buy this game.

Now that's a true fanboy... The only way a Wii game is similar to a PS360 game is if all of them suck?

If we talk about graphics then YES that's how it is . Similar for Online mode. For the gameplay: Call of Duty wasn't so complex or had so many NPCs or so complex physics on the map that the Wii couldn't handle it so this could be pretty similar.

EHSTEVE said:

I have a question. How couldn't the game support the wii zapper? correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it just a plastic case so that you can hold the the wii-remote and nunchuck more like a gun?

"Mr. Heller also re-confirmed that we will be getting co-op and multiplayer on the Wii version. On top of this, other already-known facts were stated, such as Zapper support."

I don't have the Zapper, but as far as I know the Nunchuk is not on your left hand when playing with it.

@Kyros: For online mode, it could be fine if it was like Mario Kart Wii. The only problem I have with Mario Kart Wii's online is the lack of a decent chat, but that could be easily solved.

Anyway, back to reality, no way that they're changing the online mode in the PS360 version just because of the Wii, and I'm pretty sure the PS360 version will have better graphics. That leaves the gameplay, on which point you're probably right.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The way the Zapper is set up it would be awkward to use the face buttons. The A button to shoot for instance. Also the Nunchuck is locked in with the Remote so their it doesnt work well for Metroid or Red Steel to give two examples.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

yeah...i cant wait for more quality FPS action on the wii

Viper1 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
That's great news for the Wii... but now for the bad news...

COD4 was made by Infinity Ward. This game is being made by Treyarch, and they are not that great.

I hope for the best with this game, as I loved COD4, but I am not holding my breath.

Treyarch had just 8 months to make COD3.  They had to make the PS3/Wii launch dates.   With COD: WoW they are getting 24 months to develop the game.   Treyarch is actually a very talented team but they've always been rushed like mad until now.

They don't even have to develop their own engine, they will be using the COD4 engine meaning all 24 months is pure game development.

well that's good news.

I never knew that they only had 8 months to develop COD3. That sounds like it was a big rush.

Now we'll just have to wait and see if the extra development time will pay off.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Wait, the Wii version has online? Proof?

Chrizum said:

Well he said it's suppose to be just as good as the ps360 versions. So there is your proof.

sc94597 said:
Chrizum said:

Well he said it's suppose to be just as good as the ps360 versions. So there is your proof.

It's better than that. The GoNintendo article specifically states:

"Mr. Heller also re-confirmed that we will be getting co-op and multiplayer on the Wii version"

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957