By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is better Metal Gear Solid 4 or Resistance 2?

@ aj, nicely said

Around the Network
Q_A_X said:
Squilliam said:
MGS4 - Because if Resistance dropped off the face of the earth it wouldn't be missed as much as MGS4 would.

Generic shooter vs Unique genre defining game.

HAHA.

Resistance is anything BUT generic.

Is too! MGS4 defines a niche and it defines a method of story telling in games. RFOM - Just a shooter. Seriously, whats different between it and COD4 if you replace aliens with terrorists? Ditto for Killzone 2. If you want a genre defining shooter look for games like Halo (love it or hate it) Half-life, that nintendo shooter everyone talks about *lol*, portal, Team Fortress 2, Battlefield 1942. You run around with a gun shooting things just like 2 dozen other good but not brilliant shooters.

Tease.

You can't qualitatively compare a released game you can play in full with something that hasn't even released yet.

Its impossible. All you get is a bunch of preformed (and often uninformed) opinions.

Sorry but this thread = fail.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Resistance 2 is only fps mgs is an stealth action game.

Reasonable said:
You can't qualitatively compare a released game you can play in full with something that hasn't even released yet.

Its impossible. All you get is a bunch of preformed (and often uninformed) opinions.

Yes we can, we all know its going to be RFOM1 + Extra stuff. Its like comparing an HD4870 with a 9800gtx+ by extrapolating the performance of the known quantity - HD4850.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Reasonable said:

Yes we can, we all know its going to be RFOM1 + Extra stuff. Its like comparing an HD4870 with a 9800gtx+ by extrapolating the performance of the known quantity - HD4850.

Oh no you can't... you're also ignorning genres, etc. to  boot.  The simple fact is that there are plenty of FPS fans who dislike MGS4 so unless RFOM2 is pants they will see it as better while stealth./MGS fans will of course feel that title is better than RFOM2.

There is no definative 'better' possible with SW comparisons like this as it depends on subjective preferences (aside from comparing graphics and the like of course) - unlike HW where of course you can directly compare components intended to do exactly the same thing - i.e. one Nvida card vs its ATI counterpart.

I know its fun and all but its also a big fat waste of energy as you can't come to a conclusive agreement.

But never let it be said I stand in way of fun 'could Batman whip Superman' conversations... so I'll say RFOM2 will be better as I prefer FPS to stealth (which probably explains my massive number of kills in MGS4, the first MGS I've played, I'm sure my final stats are going to stink as I've wiped out whole battlefields of enemies before realising the buggers were respawning...)

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

@ reasonable.

I wasn't saying that one game is better that the other, I was saying that MGS4 is a landmark game in its own genre whereas Resistance is quite generic when compared to other shooters out there.

RFOM is 70% CODIV clone and 20% Halo clone with 10% special sauce.

MGS4 is about 50%+ special sauce because it defines its genre.

I went on to say that if one had to drop from the face of the Earth, MGS4 would be missed more than RFOM. There are other shooters that are quite comparible to RFOM but there aren't many games that can claim to be a proper substitute for MGS.

From that perspective, its easy to say MGS is a better game. Hell, I hated the series until #4 so im not a huge fanboy here, im just giving my opinion.

Tease.

How can you compare these games!

Stop posting and go home!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

You first!

Tease.