By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Good low cost games similar to Fable/TLC?

I just gave Fable another chance, this time on the 360 and with a controller I must say I absolutely love this game. I am so glad I found it for $10 (TLC) at Bestbuy and gave it another shot. I couldn't stand it on PC with a mouse.

I am almost done with the game though, around 4 main quests left and would like to know if there are any other low cost ($25 or less) games that are very similar to this game for the XBox/360, PS2/PS3 that any of you would recommend?

I guess I found myself another MUST BUY this October. :)

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Stubbs the Zombie.

@JaggedSac

Looks interesting, but anything with storyline similar to Fable? I enjoy suiting up with cool looking armor and wielding swords. :)

I still have Oblivion for PS3, but I am not too crazy about 1st person RPG and the 3rd person view isn't that good. :(

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Stubbs is awesome, but there are really very few open world action RPG's like fable. It's a different genre.

I'll recommend four games:

A. Mass Effect

B. Beyond Good and Evil

C. Champions of Norrath

D. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

No game is gonna have quite what your looking for, but I feel these games would meet your needs if you are a Fable fan.

I'm going under the obvious assumption that you have played Diablo 2 thoroughly.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@Zen

I played Diablo 2 obsessively. I know Guildwars also plays similar to Fable in quite a few ways but I demolished that game as well.

I absolutely love games where you can have loads of fun just getting lost.

I guess so far it seems like Stubbs and Marvel are my 2 choices as I have already played each game you listed and although Mass Effect was fun at first, I grew quite bored of it.

:(

Currently playing:

Around the Network

Has anyone tried Oblivion with 3rd person view? Is it possible to play through the entire game that way once accustomed to the controls?

I know just like Fable it is quest based and has tons of armor/weapon possibilities and I would love to actually be able to get into it as I know I would easily get lost in it's gigantic world.

Currently playing:

Fable 2 and Sacred 2...

:)

Too Human might be a good one too.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Dude, I was just throwing a game out there. I have never played Stubbs and am not sure how good it is. But it is downloadable for around $10.

JaggedSac said:
Dude, I was just throwing a game out there. I have never played Stubbs and am not sure how good it is. But it is downloadable for around $10.

I know and I truly appreciate the suggestion. Stubbs is one of the games I am going to take a look at. You may have taken my post the wrong way. I just wanted to know if you knew any RPG/Adventure games like Fable as well that have alot of armor/weapon options. I just really enjoy cool looking armor and wicked looking swords. :)

@Mr. Stickball

I am looking for games that are already released and that costs under $25. The ones you suggested aren't even out yet and will cost $60.

Although Sacred looks promising. Speaking of the original of course. Too bad it is PC and I can't stand playing games like this with a mouse.

Currently playing:

Whatever you do, stay away from Two Worlds.