By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Folklore what did you think?

i know this game is old and everything but i just barely beat the game and i loved it, its pretty much the only rpg thats keep me intrested the whole way through. Now im not saying its the best but the graphics were beautiful and the story i thought was pretty good. il also liked the battling system and the game was pretty long. what did you guys think

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!

Around the Network

I'm only a few hours in, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it thus far. This is the first PS3 game that I was compelled to buy after owning the system for eight months, in fact.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

folklore is a gem of a game and is vastly underated.

i think the graphics are good, sound and music are superb.
gameplay is unique also, and what you see on screen bring a charm to the game, i love the story and cut scenes.

im upto the underwater level.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

i liked playing as keats he just is faster and has more powerful attacks

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!

I enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like were the motion control minigames after defeating larger monsters. It was especially annoying after boss battles that I thought were otherwise a lot of fun.

I give this thread a 9.7.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

I tried to play the game several times and found the story telling mechanism to be quite possibly the worst of any game ever created. The game play was fun, but I couldn't get past the horrible attempt at comic book storytelling. I give the game a 6.5 ... but it could have been so much better with cut scene narration or voice acting.

I give Profcrab's post a 7.0.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

redundant. playing through the game with one character was great! having to replay almost the entire game even before i finished it was kinda lame. it would have helped if they had significant differences in their abilities or in their stages, but no. they do almsot the same thing with the exception of ellen's cloack and keets whatcha call that?

i give it an 8.5 but deduct 1 for redundancy so 7.5

I thought it had a lot of potential. I liked the art direction and story. I just couldn't get into the battle system where you had to collect all of the little different monsters. I got bored without about 5 hours in. It looked promising though.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

ils411 said:
redundant. playing through the game with one character was great! having to replay almost the entire game even before i finished it was kinda lame. it would have helped if they had significant differences in their abilities or in their stages, but no. they do almsot the same thing with the exception of ellen's cloack and keets whatcha call that?

i give it an 8.5 but deduct 1 for redundancy so 7.5

Yeah, I agree. It was also annoying that every level followed the same format in which you had to kill a smaller monster to kill a larger one to kill a larger one to kill the boss. Then you had to do it again, yeah... The story was interesting, but even when it came out there was too much else for me to play, imo. Perhaps the 2nd half of the game completely changed the format, I dunno.

Really nice art direction and visual design...

Good gameplay and use of motion controls...

Visually nice comic book approach to exposition that didn't full work IMO...

Awesome cutscenes here and there...

Poor design decision with the repeat levels approach - only occasionally did this seem to make sense, mostly it was just now have Keats follow Ellen using slightly different attacks to get through the same area

Weak to the point of indifference RPG elements

Overall - 75% and worth a play but could easily have been an 80% or above game IMO if they'd worked out the plot (which actually was pretty good when you unraveled it fully) better in terms of how to reveal it and via which character and as a result made better use of two playable characters.

I'm assuming it will be offered cheaper soon with the launch of premium titles (if it isn't cheap already) so at that point it probably does become pretty good value if you want to experiment with something a little different.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...