By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Please don't remake Final Fantasy 6 for DS

How about instead of that, Square finally makes another FF game that's as good as FFVI, instead of remaking games we've already played?

Everything from VII to XII has bored me to tears in comparison to the pinnacle of RPG gaming, which is sadly a decade and a half behind us. Chrono Trigger and FF VI are the two best RPGs I've ever played and we're 3 system generations removed from them. Tons of decent games between then and now, but nothing that really comes close to surpassing them, IMO.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Around the Network

I'm not certain.

It would be different, but would the appearance be the same? How could it be?

The Catastrophe would probably look awesome, maybe Shadow's dreams more fleshed out, but the overall setting of the game....

Let's face it. The Ruined world would look like the last 27 FPS games released, only in RPG form. If they remake it, I'll buy it (I never bought FF3, aside from the GBA version) as a tribute to how well the damn game was made, but I worry.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I think what made VI so good was the limitation of the technology. Natural limits force creativity. VI is the most creative and polished RPG.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I would love a remake on the DS if it comes to it, I would love it on the PS3 as well.

Just please SE keep it away from the Wii, how could anyone want motion controls in a game like this? If they were to make it work with the GC controller only, then I see no point in that either.

They need to do this game justice.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I know you didn't want to comment on FF7 and others, but I think S-E should finally get around to putting 7, 8, and 9 on other systems, instead of porting the first 6 everywhere.

No need to remake 6 for the DS. Just put 7, 8, and 9 on the DS, and then remake them for the PSP, since S-E seems to prefer portables for these games now.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
I would love a remake on the DS if it comes to it, I would love it on the PS3 as well.

Just please SE keep it away from the Wii, how could anyone want motion controls in a game like this? If they were to make it work with the GC controller only, then I see no point in that either.

They need to do this game justice.

Actually I believe it could allow for more interactive gameplay in a turn based rpg. Think about it. You choose what you want to do such as attack, or use magic. Now depending on how good you do a certain gesture, the more damage is done. Similarly how the ds' touch screen is used in some rpgs.

I love Final Fantasy 3/6. It was a great game, and I spent many happy hours playing it - in 1995. If I want to play the game again, I can simply put the cartridge in my SNES and play the game once more. I don't want to see the game recycled yet again (is this the third or fourth time the game would be remade? There have already been PS1, GBA, and now DS remakes!)

How about some NEW Final Fantasy games instead! How's Final Fantasy 13 coming along, eh? Wasn't that supposed to be ready in 2007, not 2009? Is Versus ever going to see the light of day? What about the Crystal Chronicles game for Wii? Enough remakes! Do something new and original instead!

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Frodaddyg said:
How about instead of that, Square finally makes another FF game that's as good as FFVI, instead of remaking games we've already played?

Everything from VII to XII has bored me to tears in comparison to the pinnacle of RPG gaming, which is sadly a decade and a half behind us. Chrono Trigger and FF VI are the two best RPGs I've ever played and we're 3 system generations removed from them. Tons of decent games between then and now, but nothing that really comes close to surpassing them, IMO.

Hear hear.

Or better yet - How' bout Squeenix kills the FF series - or at least puts it on indefinite hold - when XIII and its million spinoffs are released and tries to do something completely new? It seems that for a while, the Square part of SE has done nothing except FF games, FF spinoffs and FF remakes (with the exception of The world ends with you). Final Fantasy is all fine and dandy, but do something else for once, dangit.

And no, that doesn't mean spamming Dragon Quest games instead.

Completely off topic, but Intelligent Systems needs to do the same. Fire Emblem is getting so ridiculously stale as a series it's sad.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

I could never get into FF 6 (US FF 3). Two words: Random battles.
They don't occur in Chrono Trigger, so it is not technology. It is laziness.
Random battles are what prevents my current fave RPG -- DQ8 -- from being perfect.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
I could never get into FF 6 (US FF 3). Two words: Random battles.
They don't occur in Chrono Trigger, so it is not technology. It is laziness.
Random battles are what prevents my current fave RPG -- DQ8 -- from being perfect.

Mike from Morgantown

I never really minded the random battles of RPG games, but IMO the best implimentation of random battles in any RPG was The 7th Saga.

I don't really want SE to make any more remakes, I've already played the old games too many times, and even recently, but there is no reason to milk the genius that used to work at Squaresoft.

I actually would petition SE to bring back one of their old SNES franchises, there are only like 15 franchises that they could create a sequal too that I would buy day one.