By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Please don't remake Final Fantasy 6 for DS

Firstly I own a DS and love it. I plan on getting FF4 on DS too.

But IMO Final Fantasy 6 is the best Final Fantasy game ever, (slightly edging out FF7 for its ending). 90 percent of those who played FF3(6) on the old SNES can attest to that. We could go on for days about which was the best Final Fantasy game but most fans would agree that Final Fantasy 6 is an amazing game.

I'd like to see this game get a real good high quality high budget remake on a console (PS3, Wii, 360 whatever). It's just that good of a game.

Anyone with me on this? We should talk to squaresoft.

Note: This thread applys to Final Fantasy 6!!! I realise that there are a lot of Final Fantasy Games that we'd love to see remade (yes, of course FF7). But almost all of the SNES FF games have been remade on GBA and DS. In this case I would like to see it on a console high quality!

If you've never played Final Fantasy 6 you are so lucky to have such a gem of a game out there waiting for you. I recomend playing it as a Rom or on GBA. The load times on the playstation version are a bit much.

Around the Network

I and many others would love a remake for the wii. FFVI is my favorite FF and while a ds remake would be nice, a wii one would b e better. Unfortunately SE will probably do a FFVII remake first since it sold more.

I'm against remakes on principil.

I think a FF6 remake would make it lose a lot of charm those blockly little characters had with their goofy gestures and often times over the top reactions.

If you had to remake it... i'd touch up the colours, add some extras, but largely keep the graphics the same... use better sound quality for the kickass music maybe...

that's about it.

I'm sorry to say that I actually want a FF6 remake.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

i'm all about playing the original games usually, but i've beaten through FF4 on DS and I was very impressed. FF6 is possibly my favorite game of all time, and i'd love to see a remake like FF4.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Well, considering you dont' have to play it if they do make one, I say let them make all the re-makes they want--as this thread already attests, there are people that would very much like to see this happen.

Most remakes never live up to the original, because we all see the past through rose-tinted glasses.

Kasz216 said:

I think a FF6 remake would make it lose a lot of charm those blockly little characters had with their goofy gestures and often times over the top reactions.

If you had to remake it... i'd touch up the colours, add some extras, but largely keep the graphics the same... use better sound quality for the kickass music maybe...

that's about it.

But if they take your argument, would better sound quality do the game justice at all. What about the old-school catchy music in erm whatever-bit?

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

johnsobas said:
i'm all about playing the original games usually, but i've beaten through FF4 on DS and I was very impressed. FF6 is possibly my favorite game of all time, and i'd love to see a remake like FF4.

Final Fantasy 4 is a bit of an exception since they crippled the US version.

tiachopvutru said:
Kasz216 said:

that's about it.

But if they take your argument, would better sound quality do the game justice at all. What about the old-school catchy music in erm whatever-bit?

I'd keep it in the format it was in.  Just clean it up a bit.  Then again i might be thinking of the PS1 port.