By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Insomniac Games a good gaming company?

*bleu-ocelot* said:
I think Insomniac should take at least 2-3 years to develop games.They way they crank em out,it almost seems like a quota and it shows.
Other than that,they make good games and are respected.

they are expanding the team and opening another studio so figure there will be more games now. Pus Insomniac has 2 teams already.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

of course they made resistance, spyro and ratchet

its unfair to compare a 400 member independent studio to capcom and nintendo who have thousands of devs and plenty of studios

they are good not great resistence is average ratchet and clank was really good especially up your arsenal but the series needs to change a little bit or it will get boring

Their okay. They made the Spyro series, which I love and happy they created it, but they don't even make the games anymore. Another company makes the Spyro games now. Ratchet and Clank is also good, but besides that they don't make any other games I really like.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Scary4Eva said:
Their okay. They made the Spyro series, which I love and happy they created it, but they don't even make the games anymore. Another company makes the Spyro games now. Ratchet and Clank is also good, but besides that they don't make any other games I really like.

this is why only the first 3 are good.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Scary4Eva said:

this is why only the first 3 are good.

Actually, I like all the Spyro games. I think the newer ones are great and so much fun. I don't care that Insomniac doesn't make the Spyro games anymore, I'm just happy Spyro games are still being made and that's all that matters to me, I don't care what company makes the games.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

yes it does make great games,but i dont think its the best

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
yes it does make great games,but i dont think its the best

For two years they've already made 2 great ps3 exclusives and hopefully R2 will be great for their 3rd exclusive in 3 years. I like ted price an insomniac seems like they have alot of fun. Based on the developers i'm aware of they're on top/the best and will stay that way along as those great ps3 exclusive games keep coming for ps3's remaining years.

Joeykanga said:
waron said:

i don't think so. insomniac games is making only ratchet and resistance games for consoles(they didn't make any handheld game) so i don't think we can say much about them. you can argue with me but ratchet games are really similar to each other and first resistance was a mediocre game. so until they will make a game that isn't another ratchet or resistance we can't say much about them cause we don't know if they could make good game that doesn't have ratchet and clank on it's cover.

they made only:
* Ratchet 6 - PS3 (Unknown release, most likely in 2009, production most likely starting soon or the beginning of next year)
* Resistance 2 — PS3 (2008, in development)
* Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction — PS3 (2007)
* Resistance: Fall of Man — PS3 (2006)
* Ratchet: Deadlocked — PS2 (2005)
* Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal — PS2 (2004)
* Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando — PS2 (2003)
* Ratchet & Clank — PS2 (2002)
* Spyro: Year of the Dragon — PS1 (2000)
* Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! — PS1 (1999)
* Spyro the Dragon — PS1 (1998)
* Disruptor — PS1 (1996)

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank say Hi!

OT: Yes I really do like Insomniac Games and the Company.

high impact games who made ratchet and clank: size matters and secret agent clank say hi!