By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony or Microsoft?

Kurakasa said:
Sony kinda sucks, they even tried to install some kind of spyware/virus on my computer few years ago! Microsoft is our friend! I bet 98% of users on this site uses microsoft products almost daily!

M$ products are basically shoved down your throat. There isn't much of a choice. I'll go with sony because I love the PS brand.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Rock_on_2008 is really into that whole consolewar-thing, I guess.

I really like Microsoft-products. Windows is good, Microsoft Office is great, MSN is awesome. :D

I don't like Sony, because they are telling too much bullshit. They promise you everything. (remember the killzone / motorstorm - videos?) The PS3 is not that much better than the 360, the Cell-chip was not a revolution, the minidisc did not outsell the audio cd and the PS3 won't stand 10 years.

I know every company makes promises, but Sony just crossed the line.

*edit* actually, i am glad Nintendo is as successful as it is right now. They just belong to the gaming-industry. But I prefer the regular controller... I would own a wii if it came with a controller.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Squilliam said:
They both suck, long live Nintendo!

If we had a choice, the great majority would pick them.

Lol..let Nintendo stick to gaming, that's the only thing they do...they do it well, but can't be compared to huge companys like MS and Sony :P

Sony is a better company if you look at electronics sony is always on the topof the list they just have good products

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!

kowenicki said:
MakoInfused said:
kowenicki said:
MakoInfused said:
Sony - One of the best hardware developers out there :P If not the best

MS - One of the best software developers (Although Apple is one hell of a company, and i could say it's gaining some ground on MS's market...I personally Apple>MS anyday :) )

Odd post.  I would have thought most people would say Apple are more of a hardware company, and always have been, and they now have a far better rep than Sony and most other hardware developers.

Apple does both, and MS has to thank Apple for Windows anyway :P

Mac>Windows.    End of that :)

not quite... Apple is far more respected for hardware than Sony... now we can say, end of that

Then Apple > Both    ⌐⌐

I'm not talking about Sony vs Apple, yet you keep bringing sony up xD 

I was just trying to say that Apple's software can compare to that of MS..and when i said hardware refering to Sony, i ment TVs, Radios, cellphones and other things they produce, which are high quality...but yeah, in a Vaio vs Apple computer aspect, Apple blows Sony away..but in everything else, not so much :P

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Kurakasa said:
Sony kinda sucks, they even tried to install some kind of spyware/virus on my computer few years ago! Microsoft is our friend! I bet 98% of users on this site uses microsoft products almost daily!

M$ products are basically shoved down your throat. There isn't much of a choice. I'll go with sony because I love the PS brand.

I don't think that anyone forces you to use MS products, you just choose them because you love them. Like windows, there are many good alternatives but still you use Microsoft product. :O Not to mention the best alternatives are free..

kowenicki said:
MakoInfused said:
kowenicki said:
MakoInfused said:
Sony - One of the best hardware developers out there :P If not the best

MS - One of the best software developers (Although Apple is one hell of a company, and i could say it's gaining some ground on MS's market...I personally Apple>MS anyday :) )

Odd post. I would have thought most people would say Apple are more of a hardware company, and always have been, and they now have a far better rep than Sony and most other hardware developers.

Apple does both, and MS has to thank Apple for Windows anyway :P

Mac>Windows. End of that :)

not quite... Apple is far more respected for hardware than Sony... now we can say, end of that

you know this how? lol I love me some Apple tvs!

B

Off Topic:
Apple fan boys are the worst of the lot. People think PS3 and 360 fan boys are bad. ZOMG Apple fans are the worst fan boys.

On-Topic:
Sony has continued to deliver quality products through all its business lines. Sony satisfies its customers.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Off Topic:
Apple fan boys are the worst of the lot. People think PS3 and 360 fan boys are bad. ZOMG Apple fans are the worst fan boys.

On-Topic:
Sony has continued to deliver quality products through all its business lines. Sony satisfies its customers.

Yea they are, they think that iPods are Gods gift to earth or something. dont even get me started on them and their iPhones...

B

Microsoft is best at making software and providing support for software. they fail at making reliable hardware. 360 for example.
I have Windows XP on my computer. I have been told XP is better than Vista.