By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Chinese athletes will not be drug tested at Beijing 2008

@SeriousWB.
I saw the video and I feel scared for those
chinese filmed. the gov't can see this and do more harm to those people.

There is a price to pay for development, but this might be too much.

Around the Network

i had already considered this a given

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Ugh threads like this have to be closed X_X.

But oh well. Were there Chinese athletes before who were caught with taking drugs?

I don't think many Chinese would take drugs if I am right it doesn't happen much in Asia or not so much like in the Western World because of their 'honour' and I guess if you get caught in China with drugs you get the death penalty.

konnichiwa said:
Ugh threads like this have to be closed X_X.

But oh well. Were there Chinese athletes before who were caught with taking drugs?

I don't think many Chinese would take drugs if I am right it doesn't happen much in Asia or not so much like in the Western World because of their 'honour' and I guess if you get caught in China with drugs you get the death penalty.

They seldom get caught, but if you watch sports on TV and listen to the commentators and other athletes, the consensus is that the Chinese have cheated by taking drugs for at least a decade now on a large scale level.

They all of a sudden became very good in sports like running and swimming. I cant remember all the sports off the top of my head lol.

You arguments about the honor in their culture is naive (besides, you're thinking of Japan, which is very different from China). Doping is organized business in communist China.

A similar thing did actualy happen when the olympics were held in the US (whenever that was) there were over 20 cases of illegal drug use found by the US biological scientists in the US team but they were never investigated any further, we only know this cos one of the scientists snaped and told every1 years after.

(learnt it in my sports studies classes :D)

Around the Network

if true this is bullshit.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

MrBubbles said:
i had already considered this a given

Same thoughts i had, I would expect nothing less from China.

I love olimpic games, and i don't think this will happen, China always has won a lot of Medal, they don't need to do this kind of things.

China hosting the olympics games doesn't mean that they can do whatever they want.

Said this, i think that Spain will win the most gold medals xD, J/K, of course.

Olympics are corrupted, if you don't believe that then you are a blind fool. Its like how voting in the eurovision song contest is political, which is why no western european country will ever win it again. China will find a way to get passed drug testing or something, Olympic Committee is obviously corrupt. Greed always triumphs over honesty and integrity.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions