By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the better final fantasy game Final fantasy X or Final fantasy 12

I hate both, but I hate XII more. X is the better game.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Around the Network

I find myself liking XII more than X. I like the FFXII world more than I like Xs.

I like XII more than X personally. I think it's because I was just GD sick of love stories being the main focus of FF games. It was a nice breath of fresh air story wise.

Torillian said:
I like XII more than X personally. I think it's because I was just GD sick of love stories being the main focus of FF games. It was a nice breath of fresh air story wise.

I agree with this. But for me I really did enjoy XII a lot more than X. I thought the battle system was a refreshing change as well.

X

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

FFXII. Better world construction. No random battles, which are an archaic device. Characters not strictly limited in choice of weapons and armor. Tons of monsters, bosses, and rare monsters. Great selection of magic skills. Numerous ways in which to use the battle system. Sidequests tied into monster hunts, and vice versa, which a very sensible way to introduce players to quests. Nomura not involved AFAIK

FFX is maybe the most disappointing game I've ever played, considering the developer pedigree. Maybe I'm just not it's target audience, which from the visual design, sentimental drama, and overall breezy feel seems to be teenage girls. Areas felt too small and chopped up. Wakka is an imbecile, and looks awful, which is made worse by the fact that he is one of the most useful characters in battle.

XII is way better than X. Titus is the most annoying main character there is he whines too much and the sphere grid system was terrible compared to XII's liscence board system is better because there is more freedom. Also even though Vaan is also annoying you don't even have to use him.XII is lightyears ahead of X

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

XII, though they're both good.

XII was a breathe of fresh air, but X had a better battle system ( but i disliked Tidus,,, ALOT)

I think XII was a better final fantasy overall. The battle system was new and implemented well. The gambits worked well for the character you did not control especially as you picked more up. The story was not as complicated, but again, sometimes this is good. The recent final fantasies have convoluted stories that at times are batshit crazy. I'm not saying i don't like those stories, but sometimes they go off the deep end (wtf main character a dream?). Also, FFXII is kind of a prequal to final fantasy tactics, a game I dearly love. The world is the same as FFT but waaay in the past. It goes into more depth about the zodiac stones and the creatures that were summoned by them. All in all, XII was better.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS